A London based, agile FinTech business who issue Mastercards and do business to business payments. Working within financial crime operations, you will work on their fraud machine learning models to transaction monitoring rules and work with their machine learning vendor.
While many FinTech firms are losing money, this is a profit-making business; if you need new technology, there is minimal justification required.
The financial crime operations team to identify patterns of suspicious behaviour and your role will be to build rules and machine learning models that will combat financial crime.
This role is very varied, so the expectation would be for it to be roughly split amongst:
- Working with the fraud and AML analysts to understand what trends they are seeing with fraud and money laundering
- Working with both internal and external technology providers to bring together a set of reports
- Data science, rule building and ad-hoc analysis of large-scale fraud events, working with their machine learning and transaction monitoring system provider to improve rules, functionality, and metrics
This is an opportunity for someone comfortable and capable of working in a standalone capacity, to come in and lead and shape the data science strategy within the department, working closely with IT and fraud teams. As the first data role of its kind, this is a great opportunity for someone to really shape this role!
- Will have at least 3 years of financial services based, data science experience
- Must be comfortable liaising with c-level stakeholders
Tagged as: Python, SQL