Lead Project Planner, 37.5hrs per week, Remote UK but travel to office/ site required as necessary, up to £400 per day Inside IR35.
- Schedule management: The Lead Project Planner is responsible for the overall integrated project schedule management ensuring a high level of quality (logic, clarity) and accuracy (update of dates, progress, reflection of the scope of supply).
- Coordination and execution supervision: The Lead Project Planner is the most senior planner of the project and oversees co-ordination and collaboration with the other planners allocated to the project to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the schedule. The Lead Planner will have the responsibility to ensure that the other project planners maintain quality and accuracy of their portion of the plan through regular reviews and will also provide help and guidance where required.
- Project management support: The Lead Project Planner is a key resource for the project director and as such will provide him/her visibility on i) look ahead of tasks to be performed in the 3 - 6 weeks ii) risks in schedules and mitigation actions iii) opportunities in the schedule. The Lead Planner will provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the project director has all the tools required to make the right decisions. The Lead Planner will support the Project Director to drive on time and on budget project execution.
- Support with customer: The Lead Project Planner will be the customer contact for planning and scheduling on the project. He/she shall be present in customer meetings to provide updates on the schedule as well as explain the current challenges and opportunities.
- Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: The Lead Project Planner will adhere to the approved processes and procedures, proactively driving implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated, wing to wing planning.
This posting is for the position of Lead Project Planner for the Renewables Offshore Wind business based in UK. This position oversees the initial project planning for an offshore wind farm. The Lead Project Planner is the single point of contact for the integrated project schedule and is accountable for the schedule quality and accurate reporting of project on-time delivery. This position will also cover the PMO planning of an internal project in addition to this customer project. This position reports to the Global Planning Leader and has an operational reporting line to the Project Director.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering/Math/Science degree preferred) or equivalent knowledge/ experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Planning.
- Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
- Knowledge of MRP planning is desired.
- Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The Lead Project Planner will quickly understand the risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions.
- Expertise: Strong expertise in planning of a large project as well as use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
- Motivation and work ethic: High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position.
- Leadership & Inclusiveness: The Lead Project Planner will coordinate a team of planners as well as interact with a large panel of individuals contributing to the performance of the project. As such strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required