ML Software Engineer
Edinburgh (Hybrid / Remote)
StretchSense is on a mission to become the hands of virtual worlds. The sensor and smart garment technology they have developed over the past 10 years has proven the most effective, elegant, and comfortable solution in the market, and stands to make waves as mixed reality environments enter mainstream adoption.
They don't just want people to experience virtual worlds, they enable them to be a part of it.
Despite their size of only 60 people, their tight-knit team covers garments, sensor fabrication, mechanical design, electronics, all forms of software, and data science. At their facilities, buckets of silicon become the signature stretch sensors, rolls of fabric become comfortable smart garments, and raw sensor data becomes high fidelity digital motion.
We are looking for a skilled engineer to join the product development team to work on data and machine learning pipelines that turn sensor data into animated hands.
In order to be successful in your application, you should show:
- PhD or Masters in a related area, e.g. Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, VR/AR/MR.
- Relevant experience to the position including post-doctoral roles and a proven track record of publications from conferences, e.g. Siggraph, ICCV, CVPR, ECCV, AAAI, and NIPS.
- Two years of experience with data structures or algorithms in an academic or industry setting.
- Two years of experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, Cuda), data analysis, computer vision and deep learning.
- Proven experience in AWS or similar.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an incredible high growth startup with a foot in film, gaming and Extended Reality. Please apply now for more information.