Job title: Neurovascular Disease Research Engineer
Location: Ballybrit, Galway
Benefits: Hybrid working model, competitive salary, 13% yearly bonus, pension and Healthcare.
My client is an emerging leader in Neurovascular care in the Medical Device industry. Located in a European hub for the Medical Device industry my client works closely with physicians from around the world to develop devices used in the endovascular treatment of strokes.
The NVD Research Manager will be part of the Neuro Thromboembolic Initiative (NTI). NTI is a unique and exciting group of engineers and scientists understanding more about stroke by conducting basic research and by development of models. Provide inputs to the research and development team and the wider business by setting up and running research projects relating to cerebral stroke and its treatment. Clear establishment of the link between the research carried out and final medical device design is a critical part of the role.
Key Responsibilities: - Develop a deep understanding of disease states, physician (user) techniques and acts as a subject matter authority in these areas.
- Leads research internally or using external sources to meet R&D needs in the development of devices for endovascular treatment of stroke.
- Coach or mentor more junior team members on research planning, execution, analysis and reporting as needed. You may co-lead the work of external researchers along with their PIs at third party research bodies.
- Collaborate externally with physicians and academics, and internally with R&D, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Marketing, and other business partners to understand unmet needs.
- Provide meaningful output that can be utilised by product development teams, e.g. analysis of data from literature, in-vitro test model development, in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical experiments, and test protocol development.
- Responsible for project management ensuring project timelines, accurate completion of activities and project reviews are timely, and within budget and compliance, while effectively communicating project updates, risks, and issues to management on a timely basis.
- You will remain current on the constantly evolving landscape of neurovascular disease research in search of better strategies for prioritising our portfolio based on biological and endovascular treatment insights.
- Publish original research in relevant, peer-reviewed medical, engineering or scientific journals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed/assigned by the manager.
- PhD in Engineering or Science or hold a Medical Degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the medical device industry or similar environment, 3 years with relevant experience in postgraduate research.
- Proven track record for conceptualising and conducting scientific research with significant outputs, such as peer-reviewed articles, white papers, and conference presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior industry leadership and leaders in the scientific community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
For further info contact my on 087 0612325 or email [email protected]