Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroimmunology
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) conducts and supports a global program of research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases. The Laboratory of Clinical Immunology and Microbiology within the NIAID Division of Intramural Research is seeking candidates for a postdoctoral fellow position within the Neuroimmunological Diseases Section. This position will offer a unique opportunity to gain mechanistic understanding of interactions between cells of the immune system and central nervous system (CNS) under inflammatory/infectious conditions using cerebral organoids derived from induced pluripotent stem cells from human subjects with neuroimmunological or neuroinflammatory diseases.
The project arose from extensive proteomic studies of cerebrospinal fluids from humans with neuroimmunological diseases that identified likely causal pathways of CNS tissue destruction and repair. This project involves collaboration between several NIAID laboratories, including the Rocky Mountain Laboratories studying neuroinfectious diseases and the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF).
• Ph.D. in immunology, neuroscience, cell biology, or related disciplines
• A record of relevant, high-quality publications
• Interest in multidisciplinary research and neuroimmune interactions
• Ability to travel between NIAID facilities in Bethesda, MD, Hamilton, MT, and the NYSCF in New York City, NY
• Experience with cell culture of primary CNS cells, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and/or molecular biology
• Experience with bioinformatics, R/Python/MATLAB
To apply, interested candidates should send the following to Dr. Bibi Bielekova at Bibi.Bielekova@nih.gov :
• Curriculum vitae
• Three references, including contact information
• A short statement about their skill set and research interests (no more than two pages)
Visit NIAID Careers for more information about NIAID and additional opportunities.
The Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and NIAID are equal opportunity employers. NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.
External job URL: