Principal Mechanical Engineer
Contract 12 Months
Our Client has a requirement for a Principal Mechanical Engineer, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Chorley.
Principal Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
When acting as Engineering Lead for the project or work package:
- Managing engineering personnel within the project or work package: allocating personnel to appropriate roles - based on their skills, experience and qualifications - to execute engineering and design activities; identifying engineering team responsibilities; identifying resource gaps; and identifying any requirement for sub-contracting / out-sourcing of specialist activities.
- Identification and management of project or work package requirements, for example in relation to; customer functional and technical specifications, standards, codes, regulations and legislation.
- Production and dissemination of project or work package requirements in relation to; quality, safety, security information, plans and instructions on projects.
- Provide direction on the project processes and procedural arrangements, ensuring these are properly communicated for consistency of approach.
- Provide support to the Project Manager / Engineering Manager in the generation and maintenance of detailed project plans and deliverable schedules, assisting with the management of project risk and the implementation of change control.
- Identifying the requirements for - and organising and delivering - design reviews.
- Undertaking technical and risk reviews to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Reporting progress of engineering deliverables against specified work plans.
- Production of engineering deliverables that are fit for purpose within the agreed constraints for cost, schedule and scope.
- Acting as the key point of contact with customer and supplier engineering personnel.
- Support to the production of technical information in tenders.
- Capture any key learning throughout project execution and upon project completion, with a view to making improvements to future engineering delivery.
- Specific to the role of Principal Engineer:
- Providing technical guidance in the planning and execution of engineering and design activities.
- Ensuring that applied processes are undertaken in accordance with relevant company procedures, to help assure the technical quality of all engineering design deliverables.
- Maintaining awareness of technological developments and industry trends.
- Complying with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting engineering studies, investigations, and producing reports.
- Production of engineering drawings, documentation, models, and calculations.
- As the principal mechanical engineer you will be an Incorporated Engineer with membership of a professional engineering body/institution.
- Degree level qualification (or demonstrable equivalent knowledge) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Skills and experience required:
- 7 years' experience working in design engineering.
- 3 years' experience within a highly regulated industry, preferably nuclear.
- Breadth of knowledge of respective discipline i.e. mechanical or electrical.
- Ability to provide leadership in a key area within an engineering function and act as a custodian of resource and expertise.
- Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including positions influencing professional engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- An understanding of the NEC suite of contracts, change control methodology, and common Project Management practices. Accountabilities:
- When acting as Engineering Lead for the project or work package: Compliance of the project's engineering deliverables with quality, safety, security, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring all customer technical requirements are met and that engineering deliverables are compliant with company procedures.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Mechanical Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Principal Mechanical Engineer looking for new employment.