Principal Structural Engineer
Central London or Aberdeen - hybrid working
Oil & Gas/ Energy sector
A Principal Structural Engineer is required to work for a large company in the Oil & Gas/ Energy sector on a permanent Staff basis either in their London office or Aberdeen office.
As the Principal Structural Engineer, you will be entitled to a hybrid working set up along with a range of competitive permanent staff benefits.
The role is open to those early to mid-career professionals looking to expand their knowledge and expertise across several key markets. They would become a key member of the Structural delivery group supporting the existing team and lead engineer to deliver Structural input to early phase multi-discipline consultancy studies.
In addition to multi-discipline study input the Principal Structural Engineer will have opportunities to develop further skills in Structural focused studies as well as supporting the company, further developing understanding of structural considerations for our ever-growing Energy Transition related studies
In this role, you will have the opportunity to become an integral part of ultra-front-end project delivery, targeting value add contributions to support robust early-phase key project decision making. This will be across a broad and diverse range of studies for our extensive client base. You will also be given the opportunity to develop and broaden your experience and competence in the delivery of multi-discipline advisory services.
We are looking for someone who will:
- As the Principal Structural Engineer, you will participate in Structural discipline activities including preparation and checking of documents, philosophies, specifications, procedures, standards, data sheets, calculations, MTO etc.;
- Contribute to front-end multi-discipline engineering studies, providing key Structural input;
- Brownfield cost estimation for Structural activities;
- As the Principal Structural Engineer, you will carry out structural analysis, when required;
- Participating in safety studies (HAZID, ENVID, SAFOP, etc.);
- As the Principal Structural Engineer, you will ensure structural discipline design is performed in compliance with project requirements and satisfies all relevant safety and quality standards.
We believe you will have:
- Degree Qualified in relevant engineering subject;
- Previous experience working as a Structural Engineer;
- As the Principal Structural Engineer, you will have previous experience working in Concept Engineering (Front End / FEED);
- Working knowledge and experience of fixed offshore structures, marine civil structures and floating structures would be advantageous;
- As the Principal Structural Engineer, you will be working towards or already attained Chartered Engineer status;
- As the Principal Structural Engineer, you will have experience in Energy Transition and/or low carbon energy delivery;
- Oil and Gas Experience;
- Offshore wind development experience would be beneficial, but not essential;
- Current offshore survival and medical certificates would be beneficial, but not essential.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Principal Structural Engineers looking for new employment.