Radiologic Technologist Days PT - 2105048650
**Up to $7,500 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Harper University Hospitalhas distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic radiological exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment.
* Verifies patient identity and reviews patient's medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure. Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators.
* Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up.
* Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script.
* Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist.
* Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate.
* Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients.
* Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction.
* Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees.
* Able to take call/standby as required by the department.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiography (R).
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to determine the most age appropriate method of providing requested radiographs specific to patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal effectively with and instruct patients who may be under physical/emotional stress; ability to comprehend and follow physicians verbal and written request and prescriptions; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse atmosphere with a variety of hospital personnel and/or patients.
3. Technical knowledge necessary to operate equipment including but not limited to all specialized equipment and computers.
4. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities.
5. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients. Physical ability to stand, bend, push, pull, reach and lift in order to provide patient care.
6. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate and utilize all types of x-ray equipment and supplies in order to produce radiographs of acceptable diagnostic quality.
Job : Imaging and Radiology
Primary Location : MI-Detroit
Hospital/Facility : DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Job Type: : PT1
Shift Type: : Days
Shift begin time: : 8:00 AM
Shift end time: : 4:30 PM
Req ID: 2105048650