Our client a high potential start up company who are developing an innovative MedTech Therapy currently seek an R&D Manager to join their team. Reporting to VP of R&D the R&D Manager will be responsible for the development of mechanical delivery system, growing a team and providing strategic imput to the team. The company is a fast growing and dynamic organisation with a high level of funding and a management team with a proven and successful.
- Reporting to the VP of R&D, direct the R&D team to deliver R&D programmes on time and in budget.
- Structure and resource the R&D team appropriately to develop technologies that ensure business success.
- Develop and promote a culture of technical innovation, engineering from first principles, and a philosophy of being the knowledge leaders in the field of the business.
- • Maintain effective communication channels with members of the management and engineering teams.
- Work closely with strategic marketing and commercial functions to define patient and user needs.
- Direct the innovation and knowledge capabilities of the company towards creating technological value for the business.
- Proactively manage project technical risks and implement risk mitigation measures.
- Promote a quality culture across the R&D team.
- Support the clinical and commercial teams in the execution of the businesses clinical and commercial programs while building and maintaining relationships with KOL's.
- Support cross functional business processes including but not limited to strategic planning, complaint investigation, review of invention disclosures, review of business critical documents, and problem solving.
- Work with the VP of R&D and finance functions to ensure efficient deployment of capital on R&D programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering.
- Brings support and positive attributes to a culture that is respectful, supportive, goal oriented, scientific and diverse.
- At least 10 years of experience in the medical device industry at a management and leadership level.
- Understands team dynamics and experienced at building teams that deliver results.
- Requires excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in the development of medical devices that require complex processes and assembly techniques and a proven ability to deliver results in this setting.
For further information please contact James Cassidy [email protected] or call in confidence 086 0204322