- Salary: £50,000 - £85,000
- Flexible holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Career planning for the senior stage of your career
Join us as a Safety Critical Software Principal Engineer within Aerospace and Defence. You will have a lead role in a growing team that advises our clients on how to develop and verify safety-critical software systems and programmable systems to ensure that they overcome technical challenges, meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
We have a huge variety of projects on all the time, ranging from niche consultancy projects to large, high profile programmes. So you'll always be able to keep yourself challenged.
- Take on leading roles in safety-critical software teams setting direction to consultancy and engineering services for a range of clients in industries such as Nuclear Power, Defence, Rail and Aerospace.
- Advise our clients how to develop and verify safety-critical software systems and programmable systems
- Ensure that the software systems meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements
- Shape technical strategy help our teams define delivery plans and execute these on a day-to-day basis to solve our client's challenges
- Work with our project and bid managers to balance time, cost, quality and client satisfaction parameters.
- Mentor junior staff and support their competency growth
- Work with our technical assurance team to ensure the quality of work that we deliver meets our high professional standards.
- Work with our market sales teams to support bidding for new projects.
What you can bring?
- A degree-level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, science or engineering subject.
- Knowledge of design, development and test of real-time, embedded software, particularly in a safety-critical context.
- Experience of applying standards used in safety or mission-critical industries such as IECs 61508, 60880, 50128, 62061, 61513 or 61226; ARP4754; DEF-STANs 00-55 or 00-56; or DO-178C.
- Experience of developing and / or assuring Software, Programmable Logic Devices (PLD) and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) Systems.
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the Aerospace and Defence Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
We are committed to developing people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. If you would like more information please contact Jack Challinor.
Required skills; software engineer, software, engineer, aerospace, defence, science, technology, safety, critical software, programming, applying standards.