Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (x3)
Location: Worthing / Hybrid
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £60,000 (negotiable DOE) + benefits*
Our client is looking for x3 Senior Business Analysts to lead a team within one of three business domains.
Each domain team works across the Business and IT organisation (working with Business Owners, Product Owners, Project Managers and technical specialists) to ensure that solutions are aligned to business objectives and deliver expected outcomes. They will be integral to early scoping activity through design and procurement, build and integration, testing, deployment and transition to support. The Senior Business Analyst will work across a range of projects and programmes within their domain and sometimes across domains/directorates and with a variety of suppliers.
Scope of role:
* Work with senior stakeholders to ensure that business needs are captured, translated into requirements and that solutions delivered address these needs.
* Work with the Programme Team, Business Demand Team and senior business leaders to translate objectives into clearly defined delivery programmes.
* Develop/maintain relationships with key stakeholders across business and IT.
* Ensure that all BA artifacts are produced in line with agreed governance and standards across a variety of delivery models encompassing traditional waterfall methods, fully agile and hybrid approaches.
* Work with the Lead BA in maintaining working practices, standards and quality of business analysis for IT.
* Motivation and leadership of BA's within the domain driving team engagement through guidance, technical support and coaching of team members.
* Support the Lead BA in ensuring that BA resources are utilised and resource plans are agreed and updated, to ensure efficient use and enable accurate resource modelling.
* Where appropriate undertake core BA work as outlined below as well as overseeing and assuring the quality of the BA work delivered by the team.
* Assist the Lead BA to establish and maintain BA standards.
* Line manage and coach the BA team including objective setting, performance reviews, development planning and general line management support.
* Devise, own and lead the analysis approach to projects, specifying the methods and techniques most appropriate.
* Work with project managers to define BA products and plan the delivery of the BA components of projects.
* Assist and coach other team members to conduct business analysis activities by providing direction and quality assurance.
* Analyse processes within the company and recommend projects to improve their effectiveness.
* Assist in the production and evaluation of business cases to underpin business projects.
* Maintain relationships and advise senior management / stakeholders.
* Assist in creating/reviewing test artefacts and in supporting testing of IT solutions.
* Significant experience in business analysis; applying BA tools / methods / techniques across a range of complex projects and programmes in both agile and traditional delivery methodologies.
* Experience of leading and managing other BAs.
* Extensive knowledge of multiple BA methodologies including use cases, user stories, JAD/JAR, basic UX/UI design, interface design, data modelling.
* Extensive experience of successful business process re-design, analysis, definition and documentation including standard modelling notation - BPMN, EPC, UML.
* Significant expertise in applying business process improvement within complex environments.
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
* Experience in waterfall and agile/iterative development approaches.
* Experience of establishing and maintaining standards and processes.
* Strong technical knowledge of end-to-end provision of IT services (while specific technical knowledge is not required, ability to see the end to end customer journey and understand the technical interlinking of components is necessary).
* Degree, or equivalent level of experience.
* Relevant Business Analysis qualification e.g. BCS Business Analysis Diploma or CCBA/CBAP certified.
* Association for Project Management (APM), Project Management Institute (PMI) or Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Prince2 certified a bonus.
* Benefits include:
* Company and performance-related bonus (12%).
* Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution.
* Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary.
* Health benefits through a Cash Plan.
* Two paid community volunteering days a year.
* 25 days annual holiday.
* Occupational health service.
* Perkbox benefits offering discounts and savings on several products and experiences.
* Study support may be available for job-related qualifications.
* Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options.