Job Reference: J5637097
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Development Scientist - Purification Chemistry to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Senior Development Scientist - Purification Chemistry you will be responsible for using a range of analytical and purification techniques to take biomolecule components from early development through to product stage.
This will be a great opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist with a strong interest and background in chemical biology to implement a range of analytical and purification techniques in a robust role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Development Scientist - Purification Chemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Purification, development, and analysis of proteins and oligonucleotides using chromatographic techniques and equipment, HPLC, FPLC, and CE.
2. Protein characterisation and biomolecule conjugation to deliver technology and chemistry improvements to both internal and external manufacturing teams.
3. Responsibility managing a variety of projects, as well as training junior members of the team in a fast paced environment.
4. Effectively liaise with different areas whilst learning along side Research and Production, Development, and Applications groups.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Development Scientist - Purification Chemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, etc... PhD level is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in a Biotechnology / CRO / CDMO / Research areas with a keen interest in chemistry, biochemistry, peptide synthesis, or bioanalytical chemistry.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with techniques such as FPLC, HPLC, CE, and associated techniques.