Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Galway/Hybrid
Our client, a leading Financial Services provider seeks to hire a Senior Software Engineer to aid in the development of high-quality applications to service the financial trading industry. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high value products that support customers in providing excellent financial solutions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to work well with others, and communicate software changes to business partners, system analysts, QA engineers, etc.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
Experience with the following technologies (or similar):
- Strong experience with web services (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Continuous Integration - Jenkins / Stash / Git
- Test Automation (JUnit, Cucumber, Mockito, EasyMock or any other mocking framework)
- Application Framework - Angular / Angular.js / Spring
- Experience of Agile development practices
The Skills You Bring
- You have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- You have excellent communication skills
- You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly with colleagues on shared items of work and communicating effectively
- You can act independently under general direction.
- Willingness to explore and learn new technologies
- Understanding of building net new UI's as well as integrating with other applications and services
- Help maintain code quality, security, organization, and automation
The Value You Deliver
- Design and implementation of software solutions that meet requirements and are aligned to the project/program strategic direction
- Adhere to engineering best practices and participate in design and code reviews
- Develop and maintain partnerships across the organization
- Working as part of a team in a collaborative environment to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients
- Mentoring of junior team members.
There is a competitive Salary/Benefits package on offer for this role as well as strong opportunities for continuous learning and career progression.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your CV using the apply button