Responsibilities for this Position
Job description Job Description
Join a dynamic group of software engineers responsible for the design, development and support embedded software solutions for the worlds premier land-based combat vehicle producer.
The Senior Software Engineer Advanced Capabilities position will develop critical infrastructure architectures and supporting components that will provide common services and features for the Robotic Combat Vehicle. The successful candidate will draw from their broad technical experience to successfully plan, develop and execute team objectives while incorporating industry best practices. This role will be span the entire software development lifecycle and help to influence technical direction for the software organization as we continue to push the technology envelope.
You will be leveraging the latest in hardware and software advancements (including ML/AI environments and tools). You will collaborate closely with other disciplines on the team that are highly creative, dynamic and fast paced.
This will be a majority on-site position
What We Offer:
If you are just starting your career or are an experience professional, we offer a Total Rewards package that is Impactful and built for you.
- Healthcare including medical, dental, vision, HSA and Flex Spending
- Competitive base pay, incentive pay that rewards individual and team performance, and comprehensive benefits.
- 401k Match (6%)
- Educational assistance
- 9-80 Work Schedule (The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.)
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Onsite Cafeteria, remodeled and updated fitness center, and outdoor fitness track
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Robotics Engineering
- Have broad and deep technical understanding on various software architectures, design patterns and underlying technologies that support them.
- Very Strong C++ and Object-Oriented Architecture and Design Experience
- Be goal oriented and focused on task
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have a proactive attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have minimum 8+ years of experience developing low level software for embedded platforms
- Strong background and understanding of product development, quality control, and product readiness requirements in hardware driven projects
- Organized individual who has the ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects within tight deadlines
- Experience in Real-time Embedded Development
- Excellent Technical Skills with a Passion for Quality
- Experience in a mixed OS/RTOS environments (Linux)
- Experience with serial and network protocols such as RS-232/422, CAN, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, etc.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills and a Professional Attitude
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with version control systems like GIT, Issue Tracking system like JIRA and Collaboration tools like Confluence, etc.
- Experience in the use of Hypervisors
- Experience in UML / SysML Modeling Constructs
- Familiarity in the following robotic approaches/technologies:
- Path planning and Path optimization (constrained A*, D*)
- Waypoint following, Obstacle Avoidance
- World Modeling and Object / Sensor Registration
- Navigation, Kalman filters, 3D SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)
- Coordinate Transformations
- Sensor Processing (LiDAR, RADAR, Vision)
- 3D Data Manipulation
- Experience working in highly regulated industries
- Experience in ROS/2, ROSM, IOP, JAUS
- Experience working with or in a military or federal environment
- This position may possibly require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
GDLS considers factors such as, scope/responsibilities of the position, candidate experience, education/training background, in addition to local market comparable and business considerations when extending an offer.