Software Development Manager - .Net
The client are a nationwide organisation, with a well-renowned tech team based in Dublin.
The Development Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of the development of business applications for the company:
- Executive Engagement - The applicant must have a proven track record of engaging at executive level within a government agency or department. It will be the responsibility of the Development Manager to act as the liaison between the Management team and the Development Team. The Development Manager will be accountable for project milestones and deliverables. He / She will have to report progress at weekly executive meetings within the company.
- Large Project Management - The applicant must have a proven track record of successfully delivering '.NET SharePoint', Angular JS, Single Page Applications and CRM Dynamics development projects with a budget in excess of €1m. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate experience of delivery of projects on time and within budget
- Team Manager - The applicant must have a proven track record of managing a diverse team of client employees, contract staff, third party employees. The applicant must have the ability to manage teams that are geographically diverse.
- Systems Architecture - Knowledge of system architecture including main technologies below. Subject matter knowledge in the area of higher education and further education software systems.
The key technologies
- Agile Development
- MS Visual Studio
- Angular JS and C#
- ASP.NET Core, WebApi
- MS SQL server
- SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online.
- Microsoft Power BI, SSRS 2014
- MS AzurePlatform (ServiceBus, Blob Storage, Table Storage, Service Fabric, WebApp, WebJobTraffic Manager)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Person Will have
- 10+ years Development Experience with at least 3 years in a team lead or manager role
- Degree in IS / IT related discipline or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent business acumen and ability to understand business process and budgets
- Strong communication skills - oral / written to effectively communicate with all levels of business
- Experience managing large complex development projects
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Other skills include:
- Team Management
- Budget Management
- Scheduling and resource management
- Project Management