Software Production Engineer
To realize 'World Class' support to Manufacturing in order to ensure highest product quality, short lead-times and 'short time-to-market' by continuous improvement of ASML's new ..
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML's corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. The company has lithography research, development and manufacturing operations in Wilton, Connecticut and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training and application facilities are located in Asia, Europe and the United States.
The Manufacturing Operations in Wilton Connecticut is responsible for the production of lithography tools as well as purchasing and logistics. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing
To realize 'World Class' support to Manufacturing in order to ensure highest product quality, short lead-times and 'short time-to-market' by continuous improvement of ASML's new and existing products and processes. This position is based in New Product Introduction Group (NPI) within the manufacturing sector in Wilton, Connecticut.
- Develop Manufacturing specifications
- Work with Optical, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering staff to develop overall design of Opto-Mechanical / Electrical Modules
- Develop assembly concepts and qualification tests for new product design
- Introduce new products into production in an existing “Concurrent Engineering” environment
- Develop Manufacturing procedures and technical work instructions
- Software testing of Opto-Electrical/Mechanical Modules and Control Systems
- Perform software testing to identify application, algorithm and software bugs
- High level of diagnostics for troubleshooting complex Opto-Electrical/Mechanical Modules and Subassemblies
- Investigate technical issues both analytically using design documentations and physically hands-on in a production environment
- Support in-production issues by assisting Production Assembly and Test Engineers and Technicians with concise troubleshooting of Opto-Mechanical/Electrical Modules and Sub-Modules
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts with proposed solutions
- Review Failure Analysis Reports from suppliers and help validate the root-cause of the failure Interface with internal and external customers regarding test result, testing methods, and control strategy
- Clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing technical activities to senior management
- Knowledge of MATLAB, LabVIEW, Python, C/C++, MS Visual Studio or C#.net
BS/MS in Computer Science or Software or Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
1-3 years’ experience in an Engineering environment
Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production process
Familiarity with Software Configuration
Experience in Lean Manufacturing
Working knowledge with Optical-Electrical sensors
Experience in the field of technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is a plus
Working knowledge of Teamcenter and SAP is a plus
Broad technical knowledge
Focused on quality and continuous improvement
Highly motivated and takes the initiative
Works well in a dynamic environment and team player
Good communication skills
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
May require travel dependent on company needs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Can work under deadlines.
The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer