• Nationality: Mozambican
• Date of birth: 15 September 1967
• Place of birth: Murrupula district-Nampula
• Marital status: Married
• Filiation: Lazaro Muatinte and Fatima Cunene
April, 2004. Master of Sciences (MSc) with specialization in Integrated Pest and Disease Management; Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
August, 1993 Master of Sciences (MSc) with specialization in biology; State University of Moldova, Republic of Moldova, former USSR.
Since 1994, Lecturer of Entomology at the Department of Biological Sciences, Eduardo Mondlane University; Maputo, Mozambique.
1997-1998, Co-lecturer of Agriculture Zoology; lectured theoretical and practical lessons to the 2nd year students; Faculty of Agronomy and Forest Engineering, Eduardo Mondlane University.
1995-1998, 2009, 2012, Assistant lecturer of Invertebrate Zoology, practical courses; lectured to the 2nd year students.
1999-2002, Co-lecturer of Basic Biology; lectured theoretical and practical lessons to the pre- university students.
Since 1994-2011, Lecturer of Medical Entomology, theoretical and practical courses; lectures to the 3rd year students.
Since 2004 Co-lecturer of Biological Control; theoretical and practical courses; lectures to the 3rd year students
Since 2005 Co-lecturer of Project II (2nd discipline for culmination of the biology course)
Since 2008 Co-lecturer of Project I (1st discipline for culmination of the biology course)
Since 2010 Co-lecturer of Invertebrate Zoology, practical lessons and seminars to the 1st year students.
Since 1995 Act as Supervisor, Co-supervisor or external examiner of the student final report leading to licentiate to Course of Biology as well as to Agronomy Course.
July 2004-July 2008, Head of the Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Sciences
Relevant management experience and leaded activities:
• Introduction and implementation of the Biology Course Curricula 2004-2010
• Compilation and submission of the annual activity plans budget and reports.
• Monitoring the degree of execution of the Eduardo Mondlane University Strategic Plan 1999-2003.
• Process designing and implementation of Performance Evaluation System for lecturers and researchers at the Department of Biological Sciences.
• Participation of the Department at Science and Technology exposition 2005 and 2006, held at the Secondary School Josina Machel, Maputo.
• Participations of the Department at the Exposition of the International Foundation for Research and Development (IFORD) 2007, held at the International Conference Centre Joaquim Chissano, Maputo.
• Application and participation of the Department to the Public Bid for Wildlife assessment, promoted in 2008 by the Ministry of Agriculture, Maputo.
• Lunch of Curricula Revision Regional harmonization of the Higher Education at the Department.
• Designing, approval and implementation of the Master Course in Aquatic Biology and Coastal Ecosystems at the Department.
The use of Pesticides in Mozambique: Successes, Constraints and Future Perspectives. Presented at the Seminar “Apresentação dos Resultados de Investigação da Universidade Eduardo Mondlane”, Faculdade de Medicina.
2009, Monitoring the establishment and dispersal of the exotic predator, Teretrius nigrescens (Coleoptera: Histeridae) as control agent for the larger grain borer, Prostephauns truncatus (Coleoptera: Bostrichidae) in Mozambique. Poster presented at the 9th Conference of the African Crop Science Society. 28 September-01 October, Cape Town, South Africa
Language speaking reading writing
Portuguese Excellent Excellent Excellent
English Fairly good Fairly good Fairly good
Spanish Good Excellent Good
Russian Excellent Excellent Excellent
Macua Excellent Excellent Excellent