Born in Torhout, Belgium on April 30, 1953
University of Leuven Medical School (1971 - 1978)
Graduated with distinction in June 1978
• 2 years Residency in General Surgery at the Imelda¬ziekenhuis Bonheiden (1978 - 1980).
• 4 years Residency (1980 - 1984) in Urology at the University Clinics of the Catholic University of Leuven, Department of Urology (Prof. Dr. H. Verduyn and Prof. Dr. RL. Vereecken)
- Full-time urologist at the Algemene Kliniek H. Familie,
Groene Briel 1, B-9000 Gent, Belgium from September 1984 till march 1994.
- Staff Urologist at Klina, Antwerp since april 1994,
in cooperation with Dr. K.Robert Hente, Dr. Marc Claessens and Dr. Joost A. Baert..
Chief of the Department since 1994
- Chief of the "Center for Minimally Invasive Therapy in Urology" at Klina.
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology: qualifying examination in Brussels
on 28/11/1992 (Diploma 0167)
Dutch, English, German, French.