I am an Emeritus Reader in Technology Enhanced Learning at the UCL Institute of Education, University College London where I worked from 1986 to 2010. From 2000 to 2010 I was Head of the Learning Technologies Unit and coordinated the implementation of e-learning across the Institute of Education. In this role I carried out research and development activities in a range of fields of Technology Enhanced Learning. My present research interests include the use of e-learning with adult Skills for Life learners, pedagogic design patterns, and formative e-assessment. I am presently working on one project at the UCL Institute of Education - A consultation model for supporting teachers in making effective use of digital technology in SEN: a pilot.
I have a particular interest in quality assurance and quality enhancement for e-learning. I am a member of the Steering Group of the QA-QE in e-learning SIG, a member of the review team for E-xcellence and was Director of 'epprobate' from Oct 2011 to December 2013.
From January 2015 I have also been a Researcher and Quality Assurance Specialist at ProZnanie Jsc, Sofia.
Since retiring from the Institute of Education in 2010 I have worked on a number of EU funded projects including:
* Hands on ICT - http://handsonict.eu/
* SigMath - http://sigmath.eu/en/
* Increasing the capacity of Faculty of Educational Sciences of the University of Sofia in designing, conducting and providing quality distance e-learning - http://edo.e-center.uni-sofia.bg/
Other recent consultancies include:
* external evaluation of the Amnesty International Human Rights MOOC - https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:AmnestyInternationalX+Rights1x+4T2015/info
* review of on-line initial teacher training for TSL Education.
I am present working with Sofia University on the Horizon 2020 project TeSLA - An Adaptive Trust-based e-assessment system for learning.