My research interests are:
- Reconstruction of the mechanisms of detachment, transport and emplacement of submarine landslides through the study of the internal organisation and structure of exhumed analogs and comparison with the modern submarines examples.
- Origin of mélanges: a study of the processes of loss of lateral continuity of stratification (stratal disruption) related to submarine landslides, slope tectonics, diapirism and tectonic deformation.
- Reconstruction of the oligo-Miocene proto-Apennine accretionary wedge through the interpretation of the main tectonic structures, structural analysis and study of mesoscale stratigraphic distribution, composition and geometry of the mass transport deposits in the sedimentary foredeep successions.
- Reconstruction of the structural evolution of Cretaceous-Eocene proto-Apennine accretionary prism through the integration of structural geology data and indicators of paleo-temperature (mineralogy and crystallography of clay minerals, maturity of organic matter).
- Study of the interactions between deformation, fluid migration and mineralogy of clays in fault zones from diagenesis to low-grade metamorphism.
- Study of the relationship between the geometry of the sedimentary bodies, structural style and tectonic development of aquifers and reservoirs.
- Study of the fracture systems in relation to folding and faulting in compressional and extensional tectonic settings, and implication for subsurface fluid flow.
MESOZOIC REGIONAL STRESS FIELD EVOLUTION IN SVALBARD