Keita Bando is Managing Director of MyOpenArchive, an international Non-Profit Organization that advocates Open Access.
MyOpenArchive was founded in September 2007 in order to advocates Open Access for never-before-published research papers on the web. MyOpenArchive also provides Self-Archiving platform to enable better knowledge sharing.
Keita is well-known among the international community of Open Access, because of following activities.
- Made a presentation at OpenAccessDay (Tokyo Japan, October 2008)
- Managed, as a host, www.openaccessweek.jp and held OpenAccessWeek seminar (Tokyo Japan, 2009).
- Exhibited a poster at 3 international conferences (Open Repositories 2011 (Texas Austin USA, June 2011) , CERN workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication (Geneva Switzerland, June 2011, and Open Repositories 2012 (Edinburgh UK, July 2012)) .
Past Activities as Mendeley advisor:
- Mendeley will have an impact on the library.
Workshop: Mendeley Institutional Edition. May 29, 2012
- What happened to Mendeley in Japan.
Mendeley HQ. August 8, 2012
- Mendeley WorkShop for ku-librarians.
Kyoto University Library. August 3, 2012
- Visualization of Research.
Research empowering, research management tools” sectionary workshop. August 5, 2012
- Introduction of "New possibilities for Mendeley Institutional Edition"
Yokohama. The 14th Library Fair & Forum. November 20, 2012