Name Smt. BHATIA KETKI KESARISING
Date of Birth 9th November 1960.
Address M/10/113,Geetanjali Apt.Sola Road, Naranpura, Ahmedabad- 380 063Phone: (079) 7478019
Degree Name of University/College Year of passing Class
B.Sc. (Home) S.N.D.T. Women's University, Bombay 1981 II
B.Lib Science S.N.D.T. Women's University, Bombay 1982 II
M.A. (History) S.N.D.T. Women's University, Bombay 1984 Passed
M.Lib Science Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad 1991 II
2. Worked in K J Somaiya Science College Library as a Library Clerk From 1982-1984
3. Worked in Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad as a Bibliographer in Peace Research Center for 2 months in 1985
4. Worked in British Library, Ahmedabad as a Library Asst. from May 1985 to Jan1986
5. Worked in ENVIS Project at National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad as a Sr.Technical Asst. from 1986-1988.
6. Worked as Documentation Asst. in National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad from 1988-1992
7. At present working as a Sr. Librarian at National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad. Since 1992
Languages known Can read, write and speak Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, and English
Computer knowledge · Library is completely automated and runes smoothly with Librarian - Library Management System Worked with CDS/ISIS package · At present ALICE is used in Library for automation, work is going on.
Publications Working with ENVIS Project, we have published
Monographs DDTAsbestosDyes and Dyes Stuff
Safety Cards ChlorineAsbestosPhosgene
Dissertation for M.Lib.Sc.
On a Bibliometric study of environment and environmental health, journals available at National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad.
¨ MLAI-96 titled "Marketing of Occupational Health Information Services."
¨ MLAI-97 titled"Information Technology in Occupational Health Libraries."
¨ MLAI-98 titled" Standards for health science libraries in the area of resource
¨ development and sharing."
¨ MLAI-99 titled "Use of Telemedicine in new millennium."
¨ ILA-2001 titled” Total Quality Management in Occupational Health Library.”
¨ Paper published in SREL Journal Information Management Vol 40(3) 2003 titled “The Impact Factor: views and Evaluation” with co author Dr D N Gandhi
¨ Paper published in SREL Journal Information Management Vol 42(3) 2005 titled “ E- publishing and its role in the development of information technology.”
¨ Paper Published in Annals of Library and Information Studies Vol. 53 June 2006 p61-64 titled “Research Trends in a premier institute based on a annual report”
¨ Paper presented on Librarians day on 26th Aug 2006 at ADINET on Open access Information Resources on Internet for College & University Libraries.
¨ Bhatia Ketki and Rawal C N; Electronic Publishing: costing model and copyright: in SRELS Journal of Information Management, Vol.44 no 4 Dec. 2007 p 361-366
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
1. Workshop on computer application to Library and information activities held at Physical Research Laboratory Ahmedabad in1986.
2. Seminar organized by Gujarat Vidypith on review of Structure of conservation course on library and information science, in 1989 read the paper titled "Restrucheur of syllabus of library and information science for direct training and education in class through media" in absence of Mr. N Raval.
3. Workshop cum demonstration of MEDLARS and CD-ROM organized by National Informatics Centre, New Delhi, at National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad.in 1989.
4. Seminar cum Workshop on AACR-II organized by Gujarat Granthalaya Seva Sangh in 1989 at Gujarat Vidypith, Ahmedabad.
5. Symposium and workshopon Library and Computer in 1990at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
6. Seminar on "New approach of Information services in the context of modern technology in 1991 at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
7. Seminar organized by INFLIBNET Program and Gujarat Granthalaya Seva Sangh and NICTAS ATIRA in 1991 at ATIRA on "Automation of Libraries and Information Centers."
8. 4th National Convention on "Health Information for a (HIFA) Appraisal and projection to 2000AD and beyond," organized by MLAI in 1991 at B J Medical Collage, Ahmedabad.
9. XX Seminar of Gujarat Granthalays Seva Sangh at Apa Rao Bhodanath Pustkalaya, Ahmeadabad in 1992.
10. Seminar organized by British Library, Ahmedabad on" Buying British Books"in1992.
11. Training course in "Indexing and Abstracting in Health Science" organized by National Medical Library, New Delhi, at Grant Medical College, Bombay in 1993.
12. National Convention on "Automation of Libraries in Higher Education and Research Institutes" organized by INFLIBNET, Ahmedabad in1994.
13. Attended 1st Librarians day in Aug 1994.
14. National Convention of Medical Libraries Association of India held at Bangalore in 1994.
15. Seminar organized by Library and Information Dept. Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar in 1995 on "User need and User Education."
16. Training course on MEDLARS Search Application organized by National Medical Library, New Delhi at SMS Medical College, Jaipur in 1995.
17. Attended Seminar on 21st century libraries and librarians organized by ADINET in 1995.
18. Training course on "E-mail Training Programs" organized by Ahmedabad Library Network in 1995.
19. Training course on "Elements of bibliometrics" conducted by INSDOC, New Delhi in 1996.
20. Seminar on "Total Quality Management in Library and Information Science" held at Gujarat Vidypith, Ahmedabad in 1996.
21. Attended "Librarians Day" on 14th Aug. 1996 at PRL Ahmedabad.
22. Attended two day "CCF Workshop" organized by ADINET in 1996.
23. Seminar on "Role of networking in library and information system" held at Gujarat Vidyapith in 1997.
24. Attended on day workshop on "Internet" organised by ADINET in 1997.
25. Attended Librarian's day'97 and seminar on impact of Internet on libraries and information centers in 1997.
26. Attended Colloquium on "Identity crisis library and information science profession" in 1997.
27. Attended 5th Librarians Day on "Changing role of library and Information professionals and centers in context of information technology" in 1998.
28. Attended 6th Librarians Day in 1999.
29. Workshop on "World Wide Web for Librarians" organized by ADINET in 1999.
30. IEC Training Workshop on Biomedical Science, at National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad from 20th to 24th December 1999.
31. Workshop on Biomedical Research and Internet, at National Informatics Centre, New Delhi from 7th to 9th March 2000.
32. Librarians Day attended from 2000 till date.
33. Workshop on Digital Library organized by DRTC Banglore, from March 9th – 13th 2003.
34. Attended Librarian day on 26th Aug 2006 on Open resources on the Internet
35. Attended Workshop on E-Resources management on Jan 19th –20th 2007 at IIM INDEST
36. Attended Workshop on “Empowering Women Librarian” on 14th July 2007 at Gujarat Vidypith organized by GGSS, Ahmedabad.
37. Attended WHO in country Fellowship Training Programme at National Institute of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi from 15th Oct to 19th Oct 2007 on Training Course on Application in Library and in Information Management.
38. Attended National Workshop on “Library 2.0: a global Information Hub” held during Feb 5-6 2009 at PRL, Ahmedabad.