Mrs Ketshephaone Thutwa
Date of Birth 20 March 1980
ID number 043321495
Contact Mobile (+267) 71405204
Contact Address P O Box 53231 Gaborone
Passport Number BN0061731
E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
2008 – 2011 MSc in Animal Science (University of Botswana)
2001 -2005 BSc in Animal Science (University of Botswana)
21-25 February 2011: Molecular Technique Course (Inqaba Biotech, Pretoria)
Awards: Best student in BSc Animal Science in 2005
4. WORK EXPERIENCE
Currently I am employed as a lecturer in the department of Animal Science and Production in Botswana College of Agriculture. I worked as an assistant tutor from October 2006 until August 2011 when I was promoted to the lecturer position.
I worked as an Assistant Agricultural Research Officer in Animal Genetic Resources Programme in the Department of Agricultural Research, Botswana for a year, from 01/09/2005 to 30/09/2006.
-Member of Animal Science and Production department board
-Member of Faculty of Agriculture board
- Coordinator of student study records
5. Professional Service
- I have provided professional service as secretary of the ASP Board Meetings. I have also documented the Board proceedings and produced authentic minutes timely.
- Gave lecturers on small stock short courses to farmers and prospective farmers at the Centre for In-service and Continuing Education (CICE) in Botswana College of Agriculture.
1. Kgwatalala P. M, Thutwa K and Nsoso S. J. (2012). Single Nucleotide polymorphisms in ghrelin gene and the resulting genetic variants at ghrelin locus in different strains of indigenous Tswana chickens. African Journal of Biotechnology 11(36): 10534 – 10540.
2. Thutwa K, Nsoso S. J, Kgwatalala P. M and Moreki J. C. (2012). Comparative live weight, growth performance, feed intake, carcass traits and meat quality in two strains of Tswana chickens raised under intensive system in South East district of Botswana. International Journal of Applied Poultry Research 1(1): 21-26.
3. Nsoso,S.J, Aganga, A.A. and Thutwa, K. 2010. Emerging sectors of the poultry industry in Botswana: A case of sustainable ostrich (Struthio camelus) and guinea fowl (Numida meleagris) production. Botswana. Botswana Journal of Agriculture and Applied Sciences 6:(3): 202-210.
4. Nsoso, S.J., Nobo, G., Mosupiemang, U. and Thutwa, K. 2009. Measurement of phenotypic traits of Tswana piglets during growth and development under intensive system in Botswana. Botswana Journal of Agriculture and Applied Sciences 5(2):19-25.
5. Nsoso, S.J., Keongadile, K. and Monkhei, M. 2009. A survey of donkey farmers in Bobonong village of Central district in Botswana. Botswana Journal of Agriculture and Applied Sciences 5(1):81-88.