Skip to content

Lynsey-ann Burke

      About

      Currently re-thinking my life plan... Rules of the Laboratory... 1) If an experiment works, something has gone wrong. 2) When you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly. 3) Experiments must be reproducible, they should fail the same way each time. 4) First draw your curves, then plot your data. 5) Experience is directly proportional to equipment ruined. 6) Always keep a record of your data. It indicates that you have been working. 7) To do a lab really well, have your report done well in advance. 8) If you can't get the answer in the usual manner, start at the answer and derive the question. 9) In case of doubt, make it sound convincing. 10) Do not believe in miracles--rely on them. 11) Team work is essential, it allows you to blame someone else. 12) All unmarked beakers contain fast-acting, extremely toxic poisons. 13) No experiment is a complete failure. At least it can serve as a negative example. 14) Any delicate and expensive piece of glassware will break before any use can be made of it. 15) Always analyze your results before wasting the time to formulate a hypothesis. 16)For Organic Chem Labs, spitting in your solution will increase its yield and purity 17)If you have a 99.5% confidence value, your results WILL be referring to the other 0.5% chance. 18) The -80C freezer is ALWAYS cold enough – it does not require you to prod it and check. That way lies pain 19)No matter how many times you repeat an experiment, you will never get the same result twice. tequilla is NOT the way forward. Enough of the essay... that's nae shabs folks!! La xx