NAME : Mrs. Sujata Nagnath Dharmshale
DATE OF BIRTH : 11.03.1967
QUALIFICATION : M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology)
DESIGNATION : Lecturer since June 1993.
INSTITUTE : B. J. Medical College, Mumbai.
DISSERTATION TOPIC : Bacteriological studies in PulmonaryTuberculosis-a special
reference to variants of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis.
E mail ID : email@example.com
I] Presented Paper in Chapter/National IAMM conferences/ collaborative International conference
“Isolation and Identification Of Mycobacteria from PTB.
“Identification of variants among MTB A preliminary Communication”
Co-author of “Identification of Mycobacteria” “Prevalence of C. neoformans in HIV associated meningitis,
Resistogram Profile of Clinical Bacterial Isolate in Solapur.
“M. szulgai and Isospora belli co-infection in AIDS A care Report”.
“Antibiotic susceptibility pattern of Citrobacter species.”
“As co author in “Study of drugs Resistance of MTB to four first line anti-TB drugs”.
“Disseminated Cryptococcosis—extensive cutaneous lesions in AIDS- A case Report”.
“Evaluation of Drug Resistance Pattern in MTB & NTB”.
“Culture & sensitivity of Mycobactera from PTB & EPTB
.“Mycological Study of Onychomycosis”.
“Prevalence of Candida species in Pulmonary Tuberculosis”.
“Mycetoma in Mumbai – A Two year experience”
.“Prevalence of Multi Drug Resistant (MDR) Mycobacteria in Pulmonary Tuberculosis”
”Oral candidiasis In HIV” Presented in SIHAM 2008, at Mumbai.
“An Unusual Ophthalmic Parasitic Infection –A Case report” Oral Presentation at IAMM, Maharashtra Chapter, at Mumbai, 2009.
“Evaluation of Latex agglutination test for diagnosis of Cryptococcal Meningitis” at
KIMC, Karad IAMM, MICROCON 2010.
Prevalence of EPTB in a tertiary care hospital, at KIMC, Karad and RSC, in BJMC, Pune. “Diagnosis of cryptococcal meningitis by conventional and serological test” presented in Research Soc. BJMC & SGH, Pune during 18th -19th Mar 2011.
“Our Experience With GeneXpert For The Diagnosis of Tuberculosis’In MHAMICROCON 2013, At AFMC, Pune.
“Evaluation of Thin Layer Agra Meidum For Rapid Culture of Mycobacterium” as Coo-author in MAHAMICROCON 2013, at AFMC, Pune
“Pulmonary Nocardiosis In Clinically Suspected Cases of Pulmonary Tubercolosis” as Coo-author in MAHAMICROCON 2013, at AFMC, Pune
II] RESEARCH PUBLICATION:
Article published in Indian Jr. Tub. 1991, 38 (213-216) Subdivision of M. tuberculosis Isolated from Pulmonary Tuberculosis Cases In And Around Solapur (South India ) Into Five Variants.
Indian Medical Gazette, 1993, Vol. CXXVII, No. 2 (st-53)
3. Indian Jr. Medical Microbiology, Oct - 93, Vol - 11, No. 4, (247 - 252)
4. Indian Jr. Medical Micro., Jan - 94, Vol-12, No. 1, (35-38)
5. Indian Medical Gazette, Nov-96, Vol CXXV, No. 11, (336-338)
6. Indian Jr. Medical Microbiology, Jul 2006, Vol: 24, No (3); 228-230.
7. Indian Jr. Dermatol., Venerol., and Leprol., 2007; Vol: 73 Issue : 6 ( 397-401).
8. SN Dharmshale, Aruna Gohil, Renu Bharadwaj, SA Patil and AS Chowdhari. Mycetoma: Aetiology and laboratory diagnosis. Bombay Hospital Journal, Mumbai, Apr 2010;53(2):177-182).
9. Ann Indian Acad Neurol 2012; 15:54-5 Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare brain abscess in HIV-positive patient. Karne SS, Sangle SA, Kiyawat DS, Dharmashale SN, Kadam DB, Bhardwaj RS.
10. Indian Journal of Basic & Applied Medical Research; June 2012: 1(3):205-208. “Extra-Pulmonary Tuberculosis in HIV & non HIV patients in a tertiary care Hospital, Mumbai.” Mrs.Sujata N Dharmshale, Dr. Renu S Bharadwaj, Mrs. Aruna H Gohil, Dr. Abhay S Chowdhary
11. Menon S, Dharmshale S, Chande C, Gohil A, Lilani S, Mohammad S, Joshi A, Chowdhary A, Bharadwaj R. Drug resistance profiles of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates to first line anti-tuberculous drugs: A five years study. Lung India 2012; 29:227-31.
12. Dharmshale N Sujata, Bharadwaj S Renu Intraocular gnathostomiasis from coastal part of Maharashtra Tropical Parasitology 83 Jan 2013 | Volume 3 | Issue 1 |82-84.
13. Pradhan N, Desai S, Kagal A, Dharmashale S, Bharadwaj R, et al. Patterns of TB Drug- Resistance in a Tertiary Care Facility in Pune, India. Clin Microbial. 2013;2(6):1000123.
International Research Publication
Siddharth Kunte, Alaka Karmarkar, Sujata Dharmashale and Swarupa HatolkarResazurin microtitre assay (REMA) plate - A simple, rapid and inexpensive method for detection of drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. European Respiratory Journal 2012 Sep; 40(Suppl 56):P1412.
Sanjay K. Jain, Alvaro Ordonez, Aarti Kinikar, Nikhil Gupte, Madhuri R. Thakar, Vidya Mave, Jennifer Jubulis, S. Dharmshale, Shailaja Desai, Swarupa Hatolkar, Anju Kagal, Ajit Lalvani, Amita Gupta and Renu Bharadwaj.Pediatric Tuberculosis in Young Children in India: A Prospective Study," BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, Article ID 783698, 7 pages, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/783698.
National Workshop on “Lab Diagnosis of diarrhoeal diseases” Oct-96.
CME-HIV/AIDS programme April-2000.
National Conference & Workshop - Mycology 2000.
HIV/AIDS training of Awareness in 2001.
CME - 2002 at, Hyderabad during December 2002.
Workshop on "Newer modulation for Diagnosis of Tuberculosis"
CME on Infection Diseases specially a need of Honor arranged by IAMM, MICROCON 2003.
“Bio-Medical Waste Management in Maharashtra” Oct 2004, Mumbai.
CME On Non-tuberculous mycobacteria as emerging pathogen Feb ens- Isolation, identification & Molecular characterization on 24th March 2006.
State level Workshop on “Lab. Diagnosis of HIV/AIDS Supported by Global fund to fight against AIDS, TB & Malaria” on 18th & 17th Mar 2006.
CME 2006: “Bacterial & Parasitic Opportunistic Infections” on 22/9/06.
Mycology Workshop held at ICMR Mycology Division, PGIMER, Chandigarh in June 2007.
Medical Education Technology of MUHS, Nashik’s Basic workshop attended in Aundh, Pune, from 21st Aug to 23rd Aug 2007.
DAIDS Regional Training Under Clinical research Support (CRS) Services Conducted during 10th – 14th may, 2010.
EPIINFO in Clinical Medicine (Statistical Data Analysis) held on 17th -19th Feb 2011 by PSM Department, BJMC, Pune.
Molecular workshop on PCR at Immunology & Genetic Department, MUHS, Aundh, Pune, held in June 2011.
Hands-on “Workshop in Laboratory Medicine And Clinical Research” Sponsored By ICMR, Held at Moving Academy of Medicine and Biomedicine Training Centre, Pune on 16-21st Dec 2013.
1. Worked as co-author (PG Thesis part) and got Medical Research Council Award-'Best Paper For
“Identification of variants among m. Tuberculosis A preliminary communication” in
XI IPAM and VII IAPM Conference at Nagpur during the year 1989.
2 Grade ‘O” awarded in certificate Office Automation Course Done in September 1999.
3. National Award of Dr Pankajalakshmi for Oral Mycology paper In MICROCON
2006 of IAMM, at GMC, Nagpur during 27th to 29th Oct 2006.
4. “Comparison of Fluorescent Microscopy staining and Acid fast staining for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis” A ICMR Project of UG student at J J hospital, Mumbai, awarded in Research Society Conference of J J hospital, Mumbai.
5. “Comparison of Chlorozal Black E mount with KOH & mycological culture for diagnosis of Oychomycosis” Sponsored Award in Dermatology & Venerology National Conference, Mangalore. Project of M. D. Student of Skin & VD, BJMC & SGH, Pune Guided for this Project for Microbiology part.
6. Third prize for the above paper in Research Soc. Conference, BJMC, Pune
7. Second prize for UG ICMR STP topic in ICMR conducted Conference at Banglore in 2010. “Resazurin Micro titer Assay (REMA) plate –simple, rapid and inexpensive method for detection drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis”
8. Prevalence of EPTB in a tertiary care hospital, at KIMC, Karad Awarded First Poster Prize. Worked as co-author.
9. Best Paper Prize for ICMR Sponsored UG Medical Students’ Regional Research Conference held at Pravara Institute of Medical Science, Loni, on 21-23 Feb 2012 on “Evaluation of Effectivity of Meropenem Clavulanate against M. tuberculosis In Vitro”. Worked as Guide.
V] RESEARCH PROJECTS COMPLETED:
“Clinico- mycological study of Onychomycosis in HIV patients” of M.D. student of Skin & VD Dept,J J.
Hospital, Mumbai. In 2004.
“Determination of incidence of Candida in Oral leukoplaquia for microbiological & histopathological study” of M.D. student of Government Dental College, Mumbai in 2004.
“Clinico-mycological study of Onychomycosis in Non-HIV patients” of M.D. student of Skin & VD Dept., J J Hospital, Mumbai. in 2005.
“Comparison of oral manifestation and CD4 count in HIV infected patients” of M.D. student of Government Dental College, Mumbai in 2004.
“Study of Pulmonary opportunistic Infections in HIV afflicted patients” of M.D.
student of Chest & TB, J J hospital, Mumbai in Jan 2006.
”Evaluation of prevalence of oral candidiasis and Candida species using Hi-CROME Candida Agar and its relation with CD4 count in HIV infected patients” of M.D. student of Government Dental College, Mumbai in 2006.
“Characterization of clinical isolates of Candida species from Oral Candidiasis in PLHIV/AIDS”. Project of M.D. student of Microbiology, Grant Medical College and J J Hospital, Mumbai in 2006.
8. “Study of Nail Disorder with special stain for fungal element” Project of M. D. Student of Skin & VD,
BJMC & SGH, Pune.
ICMR STS Project On “Evaluation of Effectivity of Meropenem Clavulanate against M. tuberculosis In-Vitro”.
10.’ Prevalence of Primary and Acquired Drug resistance Pulmonary TB by conventional and
LIPA” MD (Microbiology) thesis from BJGMC, Pune 2013.
11. Opportunistic Mycosis in HIV infected patients” MD Micro thesis From BJGMC, Pune, 2013.
Active contribution in Quality Control Testing, techniques and reporting of Indo-US
collaborative Research Projects
A5225- HiFLAC, A Phase I/II Dose-Finding Study of High-Dose Fluconazole Treatment in AIDS-Associated Cryptococcal Meningitis.
A5273- Multicenter Study of Options for Second-Line Effective Combination Therapy (SELECT) A Multicenter Trial of the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) Sponsored by: The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
A5274/REMEMBER- Reducing Early Mortality and Early Morbidity by Empiric Tuberculosis Treatment Regimens A Site-Limited Trial of the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG)
Sponsored by: The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
P1078, TB APPRISE-, A Phase IV Randomized Double Blind Placebo Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Safety of Immediate (Antepartum Initiated) versus Deferred (Post-Partum Initiated) Isoniazid Preventive Therapy among HIV-Infected Women in High TB Incidence Settings.
ICMR Funded- Diagnosis of Active Tuberculosis in HIV infected and Uninfected Young Children in India
Promise-Promoting Maternal and Infant Survival every where
Active participation In Other Ongoing Projects In the Department
EXPANDEX TB Project on CBNAAT GeneXpert of FIND, Delhi.
Microbiological Profile of Keratitis- MD Thesis
“Prevalence Primary MDR TB Detection in Tertiary Care Hospital, SGH, Pune By GeneXpert with special reference XDR detection by MGIT”-MD Thesis.
VI] CONFERENCE ATTENDED:
1. XII National Congress of IAMM at Trivendram during 18th to 20th Nov 1988.
2. Annual Conference of IAPM-Karnataka Chapter at B.L.D.E.A’s Medical College, Bijapur on 20th September 1992.Bijapur.
3. The 5th Annual Update On HIV/AIDS organized by MRCM & DMER, Mumbai and USF, Health, USA during 7th & 8th January 2005.
Reviewer for International Journal of Hand and Microsurgery Manuscript Number: JHAM-D-13-00033R1-Surgical Management of Primary Cutaneous Cryptococcosis after Failed Medical in Sep 2013.
Given Lecture IN Training program on HIV/AIDS for Doctors , Grant Med College, Mumbai through NACO, on “Lab Diagnosis, HIV testing policies” in Nov 2002
Resource Person in Workshop on “EQAS of Laboratory diagnosis of HIV” Organized by GMC & J J Hospital, Mumbai, in 2002.
Given Training to laboratory technicians from ‘E ward’ Mumbai in three batches on RNTCP, for introducing MICROSOPY CENTRE through District TB Officer’s Order in 2004.
Presentation On “Culture & Identification & Anti-mycobacterial sensitivity by Proportional Method” during Teaching Pathology & Microbiology Clinical Meeting of Bombay colleges, in July 2004.
Conducted & Organized A Training Workshop On Lab. Technology in Medical Microbiology during Apr & May 2005.
Oral Paper presentation On Etiology of Mycetoma – A J J group of Hospitals Experience” on July 2006 during Teaching Pathology & Microbiology Clinical Meeting of Bombay colleges.
Trainer for lab technician under RNTCP for lab diagnosis of TB In Sassoon Hospital, Pune.
Life member of IAMM since 2003 – LM/ 2105
Life member of SIHAM since 20005- LM/147
Life member of Milestone journal of DMER –
IX] TEACHING EXPERINCE:
Since March 1991 to Jan 1993 in BLDEA’s Medical College, Bijapur.
MPSC selection as Lecturer since June 1993 & working till to date
Approved Teacher of Maharashtra University of Health & Sciences, Nashik –Ref. No:- GMC/Accad/Approval Teacher/13594/2005. Dt:-4/08/2005.
Indian Medical Gazette (1993) CXXVII, (2) st-53
Subdivision of M. tuberculosis Isolated from Pulmonary Tuberculosis Cases In And Around Solapur (South India ) Into Five Variants