I studied continental philosophy and theory, then computer science and GIS. In GIScience I try to find improved visual and knowledge representation approaches for the geographic environment, in order to produce more meaningful geo-applications.
I am interested in questions regarding:
- the conditions for a digital representation of place,
- formal and informal geographic ontologies,
- the use folksonomies and geo-tagging in a geographic context,
- the relation between geographic information needs and objects,
- exploring and exploiting the increasingly large stream of digital geographic information.
These are the topics of publications and projects available on my website, vladt.net .