Name : R.WILFRED SUGUMAR
Department : CHEMISTRY,
MADRAS CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Designation : HEAD (Retd)
Qualification : M.Sc., M.Phil.,Ph.D.
Years of Experience in MCC : 36 years
Field of expertise : Environmental Chemistry
Residential Address 9, III Cross Street,
Rajeswari Nagar Extension
Selaiyur, Chennai 600 073
E mail ID email@example.com
1. Chemistry for Class VI Matriculation Board, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Co Ltd , New Delhi, 2005.
2. Published a book entitled “Molecular and Atomic Spectroscopy” by MJP Publishers, Chennai in June 2008
3. Coauthored a book entitled “A Laboratory Manuel for Environmental Chemistry” by IK. International Publishing House, New Delhi, in January 2009
4. Coauthored a book entitled “Handbook on Service Learning” UBCHEA-MCC – 2010
Papers published : 25 in both National and International Journals
Papers presented : 70 in both National and International Conferences
Member of Academic body
1. Fellow, International Congress of Chemistry and Environment
2. Life member, Indian Science Congress Association
3. Life member, National Environmental Science Academy
4. Member, Editorial Review Board, Science Education Review, Australia.
5. Member of the Bulgarian Society for the Chemistry Education and History and
Philosophy of Chemistry (CE&HPC)
6. Member, National Service Learning Partnership, USA
7. Member, Khimya, Bulgarian Chemical Society.
8. Member, Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council, South Asia.
9. Reviewer of African Journal of Food Science.
10. Reviewer Science Education Review, Australia.
11. Reviewer, Academici International Ltd.
Administrative Positions held in MCC
1. Associate coordinator of Examinations, MCC 1995-1999
2. Dean of student Affairs, MCC 2000-2003
3. Member of Senatus, MCC, 2004-2006, 2008 -10
4. Correspondent, Campus Nursery and Primary School, MCC, 2005 -09
5. Director, MCC Board , 2008 -10
6. Dean of Sciences, MCC 2008 -10
7. Member, Governing Body, MCC 2008 -10
Academic Visit to foreign countries
i. Carried out research in the University nof Karlsruhe, Germany
ii. Presented papers in conferences held in USA, France, Philippines, Hong Kong, Malaysia
Guided 35 M.Phil candidates and 2 Ph.D. candidates. 5 PhD. students are in the process of writing their theses.
Coordinator of DST-FIST project, carried out two minor UGC research projects and three UBCHEA (United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia) projects
Member Board of studies of University of Madras, Loyola College, Womens’ Christian College, Stella Maris College, SNDB Vaishnav College, Meenakshi College, Auxilium College, and DG Vaishnav College.