Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.5.9Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
Version 0.5.9 has many bug fixes, some new features (e.g. PDF file renaming according to a chosen schema like “Author - Year - Title - Journal.pdf”), and it will hopefully be joined by an alpha version of a Word plugin in the coming days. See the complete change list below:
- New: Auto file renaming
- New: Account usage dialog
- Fix: Speedup opening of edit metadata dialog
- Fix: Possible crash when clicking keep document button (Linux)
- Fix: Size of edit metadata window
- Fix: New documents not appearing if references dragged into my library
- Fix: Possible crash when removing documents from online library
- Fix: Crash when linking an image PDF to manually added metadata
- Fix: Table view dragging not working properly
- Fix: Initial position of edit metadata dialog
- Fix: Reference list in table view
- Fix: Possible crash when closing application if uploads or downloads are in progress
- Fix: Changes to references not appearing immediately when closing edit metadata dialog
- Fix: Problems with shared groups syncing
- Fix: Position of shared group admin buttons in table view
- Fix: Fix PDF being locked after metadata extraction (Windows)
- Fix: Remove debugging output on startup (Linux)
- Fix: Text color of deletion suggested text in table view
- Fix: Tags, notes fields and reference list not being enabled when selecting documents in the library if Mendeley starts up in table view
- Fix: Slight improvements of the citation style
- Fix: Email automatically set for trac tickets
- Fix: Reduced Mendeley power usage while idle
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.