Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.6Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
Some important issues we should mention:
- Windows only: After running the auto-update the actual installer starts when trying to run Mendeley again. After you have installed v0.6 Mendeley Desktop will be the new starting point.
- This is a required update - due to the extensive changes old clients will not operate with the online features from now on. If you experience any problems with migrating your data, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will try to fix it.
- Currently filters are displayed for all your documents no matter what group you’re in. This will be fixed asap.
Apart from the new interface much of the code has been rewritten for this version, making it quicker, simpler to use, and easier to maintain. Many old bugs were fixed in this new version, but we’re still in beta and might have introduced some new issues, sorry. To help keep track of these issues we’ve introduced UserVoice - our new feedback system, which can be accessed through the feedback button on Mendeley Web or the help menu in Mendeley Desktop. Aside from many bug-fixes these are the main changes:
- New cross-platform interface
- Simplified back-up and optimized synchronization
- Improved import and folder monitoring
- Improved table view
- Proxy support
- Encrypted data transfer
- Better performance and lower memory usage
- Possibility to import in groups directly
- Auto-complete now for authors, journals, tags, keywords, editors, translators, publishers, city
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.