Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.6.5Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update adds integration with OpenOffice.org on Windows, fixes several file organiser problems as well as various bugs reported by users. Work is under way on the next update which will include an integrated PDF viewer and many usability improvements to the user interface.
- OpenOffice.org integration on Windows. To setup the OpenOffice.org plugin, restart Mendeley after installing the update and select Tools -> Install OpenOffice Plugin OpenOffice.org integration for Linux will be coming soon.
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Conversion between LaTeX commands for accents and equivalent unicode characters when importing from or exporting to Bibtex
- Add clickable link under URLs field to open current URL in a browser
- Add link in Tools menu to install the website importer in your browser which lets you easily import citations from popular websites such as Amazon, Google Scholar and PLoS
- Fixes for various problems when installing the Word plugin
- Abstract field was not filled in when clicking PubMed lookup button in metadata tab
- Fixed problem where file organiser did not always respect ’sort into subfolders’ setting correctly on Windows
- Fixed problem where file organiser could get stuck in an infinite loop, repeatedly copying the same files
- Show more accurate progress information when organising files
- Fix author extraction sometimes stripping out lower-case name parts such as ‘van’, ‘der’ etc.
- Fixed problem on Windows where folder monitoring tried to re-import documents which had been explicitly removed from within Mendeley
- After sorting the library view, the wrong metadata was shown in the right-hand pane
- Improved RIS importer’s support for several non-standard fields
- Fixed crash if a problem occurred loading the data files which support the metadata extraction algorithms
- Export user’s notes to ‘annote’ rather than ‘note’ field in Bibtex to prevent the problem where the user’s reading notes could appear as part of the formatted citation in the rendered Latex document. Also import ‘comments’ field into the notes field in Mendeley.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.