Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.9.6.2Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update fixes several problems with annotation syncing, problems installing the Word plugin on some systems and general stability issues.
New Features and Improvements:
- (Mac) Improved the look and feel of the toolbar on Mac.
- (Windows) Fixed 'Invalid procedure call' error when opening some Word documents which contain Mendeley-generated citations.
- Fixed several sporadic crashes related to the search and de-duplication features.
- Fixed several sync errors which could occur when syncing annotations.
- Fixed several crashes related to the Word/OpenOffice/Mac Word plugins.
- Fixed several crashes related to the notification bar.
- Fixed several crashes related to importing PDFs which are already in your library.
- Fixed annotation creation times being displayed incorrectly in timezones outside of GMT.
- Fixed sticky notes not being exported correctly via File -> Export with annotations.
- Added a limit to the number of citations that are extracted from a single PDF and reduce the number of citations extracted with poor-quality metadata.
- Reduced memory usage when handling large file attachments.
- (Windows) Fixed 'LinkToMendeleyVba2.dll not found' message on some Windows PCs.
- Made database updates safer when installing new versions of Mendeley Desktop.
- Fixed the problem where Document Details hide/show toggle in menu did not always work correctly.
- Fixed sticky notes not being restored when restoring backups.
- (Mac) Fixed the crash when entering accented characters (eg. umlauts) in authors field in Document Details tab.
- (Mac) Included more detailed information in crash reports sent from Mendeley Desktop.
- (Mac) Fixed crash when importing some corrupted PDFs.
- (Mac) Added experimental support for international versions of Microsoft Word for Mac.
- (Linux) Fixed README file being installed to /usr in Ubuntu version.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.