Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.9.8Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update adds new groups features, more capable citation and bibliography rendering and several other new features.
New Features and Improvements
- New social features for groups. When viewing a group, 'Overview' and 'Members' tabs are shown which provide a way to see recent updates within a group and more information about the members of a group.
- New groups features. Groups can now have a description, tags and associated disciplines. It is now also possible to create 'Public Groups' which any other Mendeley user can follow*
- Added a built-in tutorial which provides a brief tour of Mendeley features. Go to 'Help -> Getting Started Tutorial' to activate it.
- Signing up for a Mendeley account is now quicker and easier and can be done directly from within Mendeley Desktop.
- More capable citation and bibliography rendering. This release adds support for Citation Style Language version 1.0 using citeproc-js.
- When viewing the details for an article, Mendeley Desktop will try to match it to an article in the Mendeley catalog. Clicking the link in the Document Details tab will open the catalog page in your browser. The catalog page provides additional information about the article such as statistics about the readers of that article in Mendeley, related research and for some papers, links to copies of the full text.
Improvements to Existing Features
- The Document Details/Notes pane is now available in full-screen mode.
- On Linux and Windows the PDF viewer toolbar is now available in full-screen mode. For Mac users, the same functionality can be accessed via the menu bar which appears when moving the mouse to the top of the screen in full-screen mode.
- The authors and publications fields are now labeled again in the Document Details pane to make them easier to identify.
- Improved interface for browsing and updating citation styles.
- Editors are now shown in the 'Authors' field in the central list of a document has only editors but no authors.
- Large PDFs now open more quickly in the PDF viewer
- Fixed a bug which could cause Microsoft Word to crash on exit when the Mendeley plugin was installed.
- Fixed a number of problems where menu items or toolbar actions were enabled when they should not have been.
- Fixed several problems with inline citations and tables in OpenOffice.org documents.
- Fixed several bugs related to Zotero sync and de-duplication on import.
- Fixed auto-completion in the Publication field.
- Restoring a back-up no longer duplicates the contents of shared groups for other members of that group.
- Fixed a bug where reaching your account quota for My Library would prevent further uploads to Shared Collections.
- Fixed mismatch between file icon shown in documents list and file attachment icons shown in Document Details pane.
- More readable filenames are shown for file attachments which have not yet been downloaded.
We would like to thank Frank Bennett, Bruce D'Arcus and everyone else who has contributed to the Citation Style Language (http://citationstyles.org) and the citeproc-js (http://bitbucket.org/fbennett/citeproc-js/) processor.
* Please Note: Files are not currently made available for followers of public groups to download.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.