Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.9.9Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update brings an improved interface for inserting and editing citations in Microsoft Word for Mac and OpenOffice.org. It also adds a facility to produce a report of all annotations in a document.
- (Mac) New interface and keyboard shortcuts for inserting citations in Microsoft Word for Mac. Go to Script → Mendeley → Insert Citation or press Ctrl + Cmd (⌘) + I to insert a new citation using the citation editor.
- New interface for inserting citations in OpenOffice.org on all platforms.
- Added a tool to create a PDF report containing all annotations for an article. When viewing a PDF, go to File → Export PDF With Annotations.
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Abstracts and DOIs are now imported from RIS files.
- Added a 'Day' field and enabled it by default for Newspaper articles.
- Support import of file attachments from EndNote XML documents generated by RefMan.
- Tools → Options → Document Details now defaults to showing fields for the type of document which is currently selected in Mendeley.
- Reduced app startup time.
- Added a toolbar item for sending documents via e-mail.
- (Linux) Improved look and feel of the Ubuntu/Debian version of Mendeley Desktop on some PCs.
- The 'Short Title' field in Mendeley is now mapped to the 'shortTitle' variable in CSL files.
- Fixed incorrect document counts appearing in the status bar after removing documents from a group.
- Fixed a problem which could cause files downloaded on-demand not to be indexed for full-text search.
- Fixed curly-braces being added around certain author names in exported EndNote XML files.
- A warning is now displayed when saving documents in OpenOffice.org if the current default document type is .doc as this may lose information about Mendeley's citations.
- Fixed several bugs with citation formatting, including export of the 'city' field and output of thesis citations.
- Fixed a crash on Windows when certain shell extensions are installed.
- Fixed a problem where some file attachments downloaded in Mendeley were not moved from the 'Downloads' folder to the file organizer folder.
- Fixed a warning message about 'Setup.xcu' that appeared when refreshing citations in OpenOffice.org 3.3
- (Mac) Fixed a problem with the Microsoft Word plugin not working on Macs with certain versions of Adobe Photoshop installed.
- (Mac) Fixed a crash when using Cmd+Tab, Expose or Spaces to switch to another application whilst Mendeley was open in full-screen mode.
- (Linux) Fixed problems saving data when Mendeley's Qt plugins were mixed with system-wide Qt libraries.
- (Linux) Fixed possible hang on import when using Mendeley with Qt 4.7.
The naming of Mendeley Desktop's log files have changed. See http://support.mendeley.com/customer/portal/articles/227943 for details.
(Linux) The Ubuntu/Debian version of Mendeley Desktop will now try to use the system-wide version of Qt if it is installed and new enough.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.