Mendeley Desktop v1.12.3
This release improves the performance of the Word plugins, especially when adding new citations or adjusting citations in large documents. It also adds support for importing articles in MEDLINE format, for easier bulk import from PubMed.
Please note that Mac Word 2008 is no longer supported as of this release. The new Word plugin offers improved performance and stability but requires Word 2011 on Mac. For Windows users, Word 2007 and later is supported, including Office 365.
- Inserting or updating a single citation in a document with many citations is much faster in many cases.
- Refreshing citations in large Word documents is now much faster. Word now also reports the progress of the refresh in the status bar.
- The citation style for new Word and LibreOffice documents now defaults to the currently selected citation style in Mendeley Desktop.
- Added an option in General Preferences to choose whether documents are automatically marked as read when opened.
- Added support for importing articles in MEDLINE format, to enable better bulk importing from PubMed.
- Fixed an issue that could result in citations being lost when refreshing multiple Word documents simultaneously.
- (Mac Word) Fixed an error when inserting a citation in a table with text wrapping enabled.
- Fixed an issue where note annotations were not exported correctly as standard PDF annotations when using File â†’ Export PDF with Annotations...
- Known causes of crashes while inserting citations have been fixed, and error handling has been added so that any unexpected error should display an error message instead of crashing Mendeley Desktop.
- The "Plugin Installed" dialog was displayed on OS X after updating Mendeley Desktop. This dialog is now only displayed after the user manually initiates an install or update.
- Styles with no bibliography (e.g. Bluebook Law Review) now use the in-line citation instead in "View as Citations" mode.
The supported versions of Microsoft Word, Mac OS X and Linux changed in Mendeley Desktop 1.12.
- The Microsoft Word plugin for Windows requires Word 2007 or later. Office 365 is supported.
- The Microsoft Word plugin for Mac requires Word 2011.
- Mendeley Desktop for Mac requires OS X 10.6 or newer and a 64bit Mac (this includes all systems built in late-2006 or later).
- Mendeley Desktop for Linux requires Ubuntu 12.04 or an equivalently new flavor of Debian, Red Hat etc.
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formattin