Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.13-dev1Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This release includes improved metadata lookup using Mendeley's catalog of the world's research, combining data provided by publishers and crowd-sourced from users. We have also begun a major overhaul of the sync facility to make it faster, use less bandwidth and support more seamless integration with our upcoming iOS and Android apps.
- Improved metadata quality - Mendeley will now match imported PDFs against our catalog of the world's research and pull in metadata from it. This provides more accurate and complete metadata for many papers, including full abstracts and publication information for millions of articles
- Catalog metadata lookup - For articles marked as 'Needs Review', you can now search our catalog with a single click for better metadata and abstracts for many articles.
- Faster and more data-efficient sync - Syncing large libraries onto new systems is now faster and shows better progress information. Sync now uses less bandwidth, especially for large libraries.
- This release re-introduces support for certain older Linux systems, including CentOS / RedHat / Scientific Linux 6.5
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.