Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.13Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update features improved metadata quality for imported PDFs and existing entries in your library via matching against our research catalog. Sync has been overhauled and is now faster and uses less bandwidth for large libraries.
New Features and Improvements
- Improved metadata quality - Mendeley will now match imported PDFs against our research catalog and pull in metadata from it. This provides more accurate and complete details for many papers, including full abstracts and publication information for millions of articles.
- Update document details using the Mendeley catalog - You can now bulk update details for articles in your library with metadata from the Mendeley catalog in a couple of clicks. Select entries in your library, right-click and select Update Details.
- Faster and more data-efficient sync - Syncing large libraries is now faster and shows better progress information. Sync now also uses much less bandwidth.
- Fixed issue that could cause extra spaces or new lines to be added in the notes field when syncing.
- (Ubuntu) Added instructions to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mendeleydesktop.list on how to switch between stable and pre-release channels
- This release re-introduces support for certain older Linux systems, including CentOS / RedHat / Scientific Linux 6.5
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.