Mendeley Desktop v1.3-dev3
This release adds a new 'Open in Mendeley' feature alongside a number of performance and stability improvements.
Changes in 1.3-dev3
- Increased the timeout when loading web content. This fixes some content in Mendeley Desktop failing to load on slow connections and the groups members list failing to load in some large groups.
- Fixed a bug where many PDFs were incorrectly associated with the journal Zywienie Czlowieka I Metabolizm.
- (Windows) Fixed opening of PDF files from Windows Explorer
- (Windows) Show Mendeley Desktop in 'Open With...' list for PDF files in Windows Explorer and 'Recommended Programs' list for .pdf files.
- (Windows) Mendeley removes itself as a handler for mendeley:// links when uninstalled.
- (Mac) Fixed periodic hang on exit under OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Changes in 1.3-dev2
- Mendeley links are now longer handled until after the application's main window has appeared.
- Fixed a bug where automatically generated citation keys for Bibtex entries were not disambiguated correctly for accented author names.
- (Windows) Fixed Mendeley links not being handled correctly when opened from Internet Explorer.
- (Windows) Fixed 'Open in Mendeley' not working when opening files from Windows Explorer.
- (Linux) Fixed startup script failing to run on systems where /usr/bin/python is Python 3.
Changes in 1.3-dev1
- Open in Mendeley - PDF files can now be opened in Mendeley Desktop directly.
- Right click on a PDF file in your file browser and select 'Open With -> Mendeley Desktop'
- Mac - Drag and drop PDF files onto the Mendeley Desktop dock icon to open them.
- Mac - Drag and drop links to PDF files from your web browser onto the Mendeley Desktop dock icon to download and open them in Mendeley.
- Reduced start-up time.
- Reduced memory usage when importing PDFs.
- The citation formatting engine has been updated. This fixes a number of issues with citation formatting.
- Faster file downloads during sync (the server-side part of this will be enabled shortly).
- Added a series of hints which will appear to show new users around Mendeley.
- (Windows) Fixed overflow error when refreshing some large Word documents.
- (Windows, Linux) Fixed 'incorrectly encoded content' error that some users experienced with Mendeley Desktop 1.1
- Fixed a bug that could result in associations between documents and folders not being synced correctly when joining an existing group.
- (Windows) Mendeley no longer prevents PDF files from being deleted or renamed when they are open in the internal PDF viewer.
- (Linux) Fixed SSL error on Ubuntu 11.10 and Fedora 16 when Qt is not installed system-wide.
- (Linux, Mac) Fixed an error where Mendeley incorrectly reported that it was already running when started on some systems.
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.