Mendeley Desktop v1.5-dev1
New Features and Improvements
- Support for 64bit Word 2010
- Improved Undo/Redo of inserting/editing/refreshing Mendeley citations in Word 2010. Actions performed with the Mendeley Cite-o-Matic toolbar can now be undone/redone via Word's Undo menu.
- Improved performance of citation and bibliography refresh
- Experimental: Automatically sync changes from Mendeley Desktop to Mendeley Web. Note that changes are not automatically synced in the Web -> Desktop direction.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause Word plugin installation to fail on Windows.
- Fixed Mendeley extracting nonsense journal names from some PDFs with offline metadata extraction. Only journal names extracted from embedded XMP metadata or online sources will now be used.
- Fixed Mendeley becoming unresponsive whilst waiting for Word or Outlook to be closed during plugin installation.
- Mendeley will attempt to politely close Word on Mac before installing the plugin.
- Fixed a number of issues that could result in Microsoft Word becoming unresponsive, taking longer to start up or crashing with the Word plugin installed.
- More robust handling of corrupted citation fields in Word documents.