Mendeley Desktop v1.6-dev1
This is the first development preview of Mendeley Desktop 1.6. This release adds the ability to customize formatting of individual citations in Word and LibreOffice and fixes several Mac look-and-feel issues.
- The citation editor now has options for each citation to specify page numbers (and other kinds of location within a work), custom prefixes and suffixes and suppress author names for inline citations.
- (Mac) OS X Lion full-screen support and improved full-screen presentation under OS X 10.5 and 10.6.
- (Windows) Mendeley Desktop will now use Internet Explorer's network settings by default. Manually configuring proxy settings under Tools -> Options -> Connection is no longer required.
- (Mac) Mendeley will now use Safari's network settings by default. Manually configuring proxy settings under Preferences -> Connection is no longer required.
- Improved 'Getting Started' instructions shown after installing the Word or OpenOffice plugins.
- (Linux) Fixed LibreOffice plugin installation in Ubuntu 12.04.
- (Mac) Fixes inserting bibliography if the volume name was blank or with non-ASCII characters.
- (Mac) Fixed several window management problems:
- The app now works with window resizing tools on Mac.
- The toolbar can no longer be dragged above the top of the screen.
- Window resizing from all-sides now works.
- The minimum size of the Mendeley window has been reduced.
- (Mac) The app is now signed for compatibility with Gatekeeper in Mountain Lion.
- Citation formatting fixes. The citeproc-js engine has been updated to version 1.0.341.
- Fixed a problem where garbage characters were added at the beginning of copied citations.
- The filter list in the lower-left corner of the window can now be hidden.
- (Mac) Groups news feed does not display correctly when scrolled.
- (Mac) Drag and drop from outside Mendeley to documents view is not working.
- (Mac) 'Create Group' and 'Edit Settings' not working.
- (Windows) The installer is not signed by Mendeley Ltd.
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.