Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.7-dev2Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update features improved integration with Microsoft Word 2011 on Mac. The new Word plugin has an improved interface for inserting and editing citations and is faster when updating large documents.
- (Mac) Updated Word plugin for Microsoft Word 2011. Mendeley citations can now be inserted via a toolbar in Word instead of the Script menu. The new plugin is much faster when updating citations in large documents. Please note that these changes do not apply to Word 2008
- Fixed sorting of bibliography entries where the author surname begins with a lower-case letter (this especially affects names starting with particles such as 'van', 'von' etc.)
- Improved how Mendeley Desktop detects that a certain word in the family names / given names is a particle ('van', 'von', etc.)
- (Mac) Removed the "Click OK to Insert Citations" popup that used to appear on Mac when inserting a citation for the first time
- Fixed import of URLs from RIS files created by RefMan on Windows
- Support importing notes from the "RN" field of RIS files
- Improved search performance
- Fixed lag and flicker when typing in the citation editor's input box
- Searches no longer wait for PDF indexing to complete before showing results
- Searches for non-English letters are now case-insensitive
- Fixed occasional crash shortly after importing a PDF file
- Fixed crash when merging duplicates if Citation Key field was enabled
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the 'Add Note' button remained selected after inserting a note
- Fix various RIS file import issues
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.