Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.7-dev5Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This is a release candidate for Mendeley Desktop 1.7. This update brings refinements to the Mac Word 2011 plugin, the citation style editor and fixes a long standing issue with a hang in the Add/Watch Folder dialogs on Windows.
Citation Style Editor
- Added a 'Save As' option to the citation style editor. This creates a copy of the style being edited with a new ID.
- Added a Help menu to the citation style editor with links to documentation for the style editor and integration with Mendeley Desktop.
- Added a 'Copy Style Link' menu item to the context menu in the citation styles dialog. This can be used to get a link to a style which can then be shared with other Mendeley users.
- (Mac and Windows) Fixed issue where focus did not return to Word after changing citation style using the citation style browser.
- (Mac and Windows) Turned off grammar checking for bibliography entries inserted in Word using the Mendeley plugin.
- (Mac) Keyboard shortcuts have been re-introduced for the Mac Word 2011 plugin. They can be found in the Script -> Mendeley menu.
- (Mac) When installing the plugin, warn if Office has been installed without Visual Basic for Applications support.
- Fixed a Mendeley crash when refreshing a document containing citations inserted using Zotero's Word plugin if the option to embed document details in citation fields is turned off in Zotero's document preferences.
- (Windows) Fixed a long standing problem in the Add Folder and Watch Folders dialogs that could cause the dialog to hang when opening, especially when browsing folders on remote systems.
- In the 'Import more PDFs from this folder' dialog, clicking 'No Thanks' no longer prevents unselected files from being suggested for import again in the future.
- Fixed searches for 'field:keyword1 keyword2' finding all documents matching 'field:keyword1' OR containing 'keyword2' in the full text. The current behavior is that both 'keyword1' and 'keyword2' must match the metadata.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.