Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.9-dev1Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update allows you to search and import articles from the Mendeley catalog directly from Mendeley Desktop.
- Search and import articles from the Mendeley catalog of over 70 million research papers from Mendeley Desktop.
- Direct open access import - For selected open access articles you can import the details and full text into Mendeley Desktop with a single click.
- Explain phrase - Select a word or phrase in a PDF and click 'Define' in the action bar that appears to view an explanation of that phrase from Wikipedia.
- Improved text selection - Text selection and highlighting is now more robust, especially in pages with more complex layouts and older PDF files.
- Copy BibTeX entries directly to the clipboard via Edit -> Copy As -> BibTeX Entry.
- Page Up/Down in the PDF viewer now navigate up/down one screen rather than a whole page.
- 'Open File Externally' now selects the file in Finder on Mac.
- Fixed file downloads failing on encrypted home directories on Linux due to overly long file names.
- Fixed removal of file attachments not being synced properly.
- Fixed a problem formatting Mendeley citations after changing the font style to ALL CAPS in Word.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.