Skip to main content
Mendeley Desktop v1.9
- Search and import articles from the Mendeley catalog of over 70 million research papers from Mendeley Desktop.
- Direct open access import - For selected open access articles you can import the details and full text into Mendeley Desktop with a single click.
- Word definition - Select a word or phrase in a PDF and click 'Define' in the action bar that appears to view an explanation of that phrase from Wikipedia.
- Improved text selection - Text selection and highlighting is now more robust, especially in pages with more complex layouts and older PDF files.
- Copy BibTeX entries directly to the clipboard via Edit -> Copy As -> BibTeX Entry.
- Page Up/Down in the PDF viewer now navigate up/down one screen rather than a whole page.
- 'Open File Externally' now selects the file in Finder on Mac.
- The search field now supports 'published_in:' an alternative way to search for documents from specific publications, to match search on mendeley.com
- The search field now allows the '-' operator to appear before field names to exclude certain documents (example: 'papercraft -author:zhu')
- Clarified the wording in the dialog that appears when adding documents to 'My Publications' to make it clear that any attached PDFs will be available to download from your profile.
- Removed CiteULike options
- Cmd+L/R in the PDF viewer no longer jumps to the first or last page.
- Copying selected text using Ctrl+C now copies the text, not the citation.
- Fixed a bug where the tool shown as selected in the toolbar did not match the actual active tool in the PDF viewer when opening new tabs
- Fixed the Go -> Last Page action in the PDF viewer
- Fixed an issue where file attachments were lost locally after a sync if upload the attachment failed.
- Fixed crash when dragging and dropping invalid URLs into Mendeley Desktop.
- Fixed file downloads failing on encrypted home directories on Linux due to overly long file names.
- Fixed a problem formatting Mendeley citations after changing the font style to ALL CAPS in Word.
- Ris exporter now uses absolute path instead of relative
- Fixed Crash in Windows when clicking Reload in Notes tab