CD16 cross-linking induces increased expression of CD56 and production of IL-12 in peripheral NK cells

  • Márquez M
  • Millet C
  • Stekman H
 et al. 
  • 24

    Readers

    Mendeley users who have this article in their library.
  • 13

    Citations

    Citations of this article.

Abstract

Human NK cells are classified into two populations according to the intensity of CD56 surface expression, as well as possession of CD16, FcRIII. CD56dimCD16brightmake up 90% circulating NK cells, whereas CD56brightCD16-/dimcomprises the remaining 10%. Here we report that peripheral NK cells upon CD16 cross-linking up-regulates the expression of activating markers and receptors such as CD25, CD69, NKp44, NKp30, CD40L and the intensity of CD56 expression. Additionally, co-culturing immature DCs with CD16 activated NK cells was found to significantly increase the expression of maturation markers on DCs. These results suggest that CD16 cross-linking on resting peripheral blood NK cells triggers the activation of these cells and induces the appearance of CD56brightNK cells. The latter were found capable of producing pro-inflammatory cytokines, IFN-γ and TNF-α and notably IL-12. © 2010 Elsevier Inc.

Author-supplied keywords

  • CD16 cross-linking
  • CD56
  • NK cells

Get free article suggestions today

Mendeley saves you time finding and organizing research

Sign up here
Already have an account ?Sign in

Find this document

Authors

  • Maria Elena Márquez

  • Carmen Millet

  • Hilda Stekman

  • Angela Conesa

  • Pierre Antoine Deglesne

  • Felix Toro

Cite this document

Choose a citation style from the tabs below

Save time finding and organizing research with Mendeley

Sign up for free