Disulfiram for binge eating disorder: An open trail

  • Farci A
  • Piras S
  • Murgia M
 et al. 
  • 19

    Readers

    Mendeley users who have this article in their library.
  • 3

    Citations

    Citations of this article.

Abstract

Objective: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of disulfiram for treatment of binge eating disorder. Method: Two hundred and fifty milligrams per day of disulfiram was administered to 12 patients affected by binge eating disorder for 16. weeks; the number of binge eating episodes per week and the number of participants who reported side effects were evaluated. Results: Nine participants (75.0%) completed the trial, while the other 3 (25.0%) discontinued prematurely. Disulfiram significantly decreased the mean frequency of binge eating episodes per week from 7.9. ±. 1.2 to 0.9. ±. 0.6 (p

Author-supplied keywords

  • Binge eating disorder
  • Disulfiramside
  • Side effects

Get free article suggestions today

Mendeley saves you time finding and organizing research

Sign up here
Already have an account ?Sign in

Find this document

Authors

  • Anna Maria Giulia Farci

  • Simona Piras

  • Magnolia Murgia

  • Alessandra Chessa

  • Angelo Restivo

  • Gian Luigi Gessa

Cite this document

Choose a citation style from the tabs below

Save time finding and organizing research with Mendeley

Sign up for free