Case of carbon monoxide poisoning after smoking shisha

56Citations
Citations of this article
48Readers
Mendeley users who have this article in their library.

This artice is free to access.

Abstract

Carbon monoxide poisoning has been reported as a result of exposure to various sources of smoke, such as car exhaust fumes, home water heaters and tobacco smoke. We describe a case of symptomatic, moderately severe carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in a young Mediterranean man after smoking a waterpipe, or shisha. This case highlights the importance of considering carbon monoxide exposure in patients presenting with non-specific neurological symptoms to the emergency department (ED). © 2009 Springer-Verlag London Ltd.

Author supplied keywords

Cite

CITATION STYLE

APA

Lim, B. L., Lim, G. H., & Seow, E. (2009). Case of carbon monoxide poisoning after smoking shisha. International Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2(2), 121–122. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12245-009-0097-8

Register to see more suggestions

Mendeley helps you to discover research relevant for your work.

Already have an account?

Save time finding and organizing research with Mendeley

Sign up for free