Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.9.0Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update introduces a lot of new features, including a PDF viewer, OpenOffice.org integration on Mac OS X and Linux, and many more. Interface issues, and a number of bugs are also addressed in this release, as well as improvements to the overall stability.
- Built-in PDF viewer for viewing PDFs directly in Mendeley Desktop
- Support for annotating PDF files (syncing notes to and from Mendeley Web is planned for the next release)
- Many additional online lookups (CrossRef, PubMed, Google Scholar)
- Public document collections (reading lists) which can be embedded on other websites
- OpenOffice.org Writer plugin for Mac OS X & Linux
- Improved native user interface for Mac OS X
- Individual synchronization and privacy settings for each document collection
- Auto-save changes and undo functionality for quick document detail editing
- Flagging documents as favorites
- Marking a document as read, or unread
- Detecting duplicate documents when importing library files or PDFs
- Merging together document authors, tags, keywords or publications
- Editing document details, or tags for multiple documents simultaneously
- New “Trash” collection so you can restore deleted documents
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Changes to the toolbar and terminology in light of usability tests
- Better handling of documents with unconfirmed details
- More robust synchronization between Mendeley Desktop and Mendeley Web
- Search results are presented in a much easier to read format
- Searching for documents now searches the document details, as well the PDF text
- Detect and handle duplicate citation keys being used when exporting to BibTeX format
- Improved full-text indexing stability for search
- Allow documents to be renamed without the file organizer being enabled
- Clean up the formatting of exported citations
- Handle tags and keywords properly when exporting to BibTex format
- File organizer stability fixes
- Corrections to various citation styles
- Plus many more…
Please note: As part of the upgrade process, if you have an online account already, Mendeley Desktop will need to perform a full sync when it next starts. This may take some time depending on the size of your library. It is a one-off sync that is required to ensure compatibility with an upgraded sync method.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.