New Features and Improvements:
- PDF annotations are now synchronized with Mendeley Web. In shared collections multiple users can add notes or highlights to documents.
- Added an importer for Ovid Reprints/Medlars format files.
- PDF import will make use of embedded XMP metadata if it is present and appears to be accurate.
- (Mac) First version of Mac Word plugin. Please note: Currently the Mac Word plugin supports Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac. Word 2004 and earlier are not yet supported.
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Crash reports sent to server now contain more detailed information.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for selecting, highlighting and adding notes.
- Newly imported documents are highlighted after import.
- The updater will now ask for the administrator password if necessary during update installation on Linux and Mac.
- Added 'Copy LaTeX Citation' action to documents list right-click menu.
- Improvements to accuracy of automated author and title extraction from PDFs.
- Add the ability to drag-and-drop any file type into Mendeley Desktop. If the file type is not supported by one of the importers then a new document is created with the file attached.
- Smoother scrolling in PDF viewer.
- 'Search by Title' and DOI lookups will now retain the full names of authors if the lookup comes back
with only initials if the initials and the full names agree.
- Fix crashes when exiting full-screen mode in PDF viewer.
- Fix red border around PDF content on PowerPC Macs.
- Fix local library data not being migrated correctly when changing e-mail address in Mendeley Desktop.
- Added additional verification of backups before restoring to web in the 'Restore Backup' feature.
- File space usage shown in Preferences dialog did not update after syncing.
- Incorrect progress messages were shown in the status bar when importing a PDF.
- Fix problem where starting a 'Search by Title' lookup for one document and then switching to another document before the results came back would apply the changes to the wrong document.
- Fix crash when performing DOI lookups in 'Add New Document' dialog.
- The PDF viewer no longer creates temporary copies of opened PDF files on disk.
- Fixed problem where only the first page of certain multi-page PDFs were shown in the viewer.
- Fix problem where search in a PDF viewer tab would not find matches on the last page of the PDF.
- Fix file organiser renaming failing on Windows for documents where the title, authors or publication name contained double quotes.
- If uploading a file to Mendeley Web fails because the file is too large, the sync now continues uploading other attachments.
- Fixed a problem which could cause Mendeley Desktop to loop continuously during sync.
- Fixed PARSEFAILED error when syncing if certain characters appeared in imported documents.
- Fixed long delay when opening the citation style browser.
- Fixed long delay when opening the Tools -> Options menu on some systems.
- Fixed incorrect documents being shown when searching for certain tags.
- Fixed error about LinkToMendeleyVba.dll not being found on some Windows systems.
- Fixed various crashes when syncing after removing shared collections on the web.
Feedback and Support
Mendeley Open Source Library