Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.3-dev1Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This release adds a new 'Open in Mendeley' feature alongside a number of performance and stability improvements.
- Open in Mendeley - PDF files can now be opened in Mendeley Desktop directly.
- Right click on a PDF file in your file browser and select 'Open With -> Mendeley Desktop'
- Mac - Drag and drop PDF files onto the Mendeley Desktop dock icon to open them.
- Mac - Drag and drop links to PDF files from your web browser onto the Mendeley Desktop dock icon to download and open them in Mendeley.
- Reduced start-up time.
- Reduced memory usage when importing PDFs.
- The citation formatting engine has been updated. This fixes a number of issues with citation formatting.
- Faster file downloads during sync (the server-side part of this will be enabled shortly).
- Added a series of hints which will appear to show new users around Mendeley.
- (Windows) Fixed overflow error when refreshing some large Word documents.
- (Windows, Linux) Fixed 'incorrectly encoded content' error that some users experienced with Mendeley Desktop 1.1
- Fixed a bug that could result in associations between documents and folders not being synced correctly when joining an existing group.
- (Windows) Mendeley no longer prevents PDF files from being deleted or renamed when they are open in the internal PDF viewer.
- (Linux) Fixed SSL error on Ubuntu 11.10 and Fedora 16 when Qt is not installed system-wide.
- (Linux, Mac) Fixed an error where Mendeley incorrectly reported that it was already running when started on some systems.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.