Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.10.1Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This release makes it easier to generate correct citations for articles in your library by automatically abbreviating publication names. We're also introducing a new way to discover articles related to your current research interests. You can now get recommendations related to specific papers based on what other Mendeley users with similar interests are reading.
- Journal Abbreviations - Mendeley will now automatically abbreviate publication names when generating citations according to the style you are using. Mendeley comes with a built-in set of abbreviation rules which covers most publications. Custom abbreviations can be added via View -> Citation Styles > Journal Abbreviations. For BibTeX users, there is an option under BibTeX settings to automatically abbreviate publication names in exported .bib files.
- Related Research - Discover related content based on specific papers in your library. Select one or more papers or a whole folder and click the 'Related' toolbar button to get instant recommendations based on your selection.
Changes and Improvements
- Support for the upcoming OS X 10.9 'Mavericks' and Windows 8.1 operating systems.
- Improved handling of connectivity problems such as incorrect proxy settings.
- Fixed several bugs that could cause the links between documents and file attachments to be lost.
- Fixed import of papers from web links pasted or dragged and dropped into Mendeley.
- Fixed web links not being shown for documents in Literature Search results.
- Fixed bug where selected toolbar action did not match active tool in PDF viewer.
- Fixed incompatibility with LibreOffice 4.1 from Ubuntu PPAs.
- Windows - Fixed a number of problems that resulted in Mendeley being unable to connect to Mendeley Web.
- Windows - Fixed several problems that could prevent Mendeley Desktop from connecting to Microsoft Word.
- Fixed sync bugs introduced in 1.10
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/OpenOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.